Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BP asking for help!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default BP asking for help!!!!!!!

i was very disturbed when i saw on the news that BP will take any suggestions on how to stop the leak...they are asking the general public for advice...please...my fellow crappie.com friends...someone give them a solution...because apparently there is none...mine was to drop a very large cement block on top of the pipe...to crush it...maybe it would at least slow it down...dont know...but neither do they....i hope their 6in suction pipe will work...as of tonight i saw that most of the coast below Terrebonne is closed. to fishing....i know this changes daily...but, this Crappie.com member is dismayed by all of this..unbelievable that in this entire world...no one really knows what to do.....

Post Thanks / Like

well my friend i wish someone could dream up a soloution , i work in the drilling idustry and this situation is honestly worst case senerio. there are several factors that make this so difficult to overcome . #1 the water depth 5,000 feet of water there is no machine to my knowlegde that has been devoelped that can kill a well at that depth, there are many on land and offshore . #2 the rig debris on the ocean floor. #3 the marine riser thats conected to the bop stack. #4 gas migration in the oil freezes iron and steel which with the water temp at that depth has frozen every movalbe object there. if they go in a shoot debris in the well they can also kill it .but its very diffuclut without a rig or platform there. the cement block theory is a good idea but it would take a block the size of a building to overcome the bouyncy factor of the water to create enough force to smash the pipe.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfish11 View Post
    i was very disturbed when i saw on the news that BP will take any suggestions on how to stop the leak...they are asking the general public for advice...please...my fellow crappie.com friends...someone give them a solution...because apparently there is none...mine was to drop a very large cement block on top of the pipe...to crush it...maybe it would at least slow it down...dont know...but neither do they....i hope their 6in suction pipe will work...as of tonight i saw that most of the coast below Terrebonne is closed. to fishing....i know this changes daily...but, this Crappie.com member is dismayed by all of this..unbelievable that in this entire world...no one really knows what to do.....
    Hey Bobfish,

I hate to say this but, they know what to do and it's months away.

"BP is also drilling a relief well that is considered the permanent solution to stopping the leak. It's about halfway done and still months away from being completed."

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation An Idea to shut it in

This would work - if it worked!
    1 - Inspect the riser to ensure that it is not crimped or otherwise impeding the flow. If it is, forget the rest.
    2 - If the riser is not restricting the well's flow, remove it from the BOP's with an rov.
    3 - a. Dress a 13 5/8 15000 pound fail-close Cameron Type U ram-preventer with blind rams and adapt its bottom connection to fit the one on top of the BOP stack.
    b. Install a hi-pressure ball valve on the closing side of the BOP's hydraulic system
    c. Once on location, pressure up on the closing side of the Bop's hydraulic sytem and shut the valve to isolate the pressure inside the BOP, hereby holding the rams open.
    4 - Lower the new BOP to the seabed and attach it (Securely!) to the present BOP stack with an rov. Then open the ball valve - releasing the hydraulic pressure within the new BOP - and shut the blind rams.

That was easy to come up with while I was sitting in front of my computer. It will be a bit difficult to do on location. But it might beat the hell out of waiting a couple of months for the kill well to be dug.
    Anyone know BP's phone number?
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Why can't we take the CEO of BP and park his moron butt over the spewing well... let him fill up with a few millions gallons of oil.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

Default Plenty blame to go around

I know the end result is that this is BP's ultimate responsibility, But very few people have asked this question: Where is the clean-up response the United States government(meaning the people we ELECT) is suppose to have in place? The oil industry has to pay billions of dollars in taxes just as we do on fuel and oil. One of the many taxes placed on the oil that is pumped in federal waters is a tax on cleanup and spill response. this is collected for the purpose of having personnel and equipment from the Government ready for such a disaster. Where is it? This would be the same as property owners paying for protection from thier local fire district thru property taxes and when theres a fire the fire district says "put it out yourself, we don't have a fire Truck and the firemen are not available". I fish offshore and this sucks, But it is an accident. Instead of fingerpointing,I hope we can all work together to come up with a quick solution.
    Two things to remember about offshore fishing: Watch the teeth - Watch the hooks:D

Post Thanks / Like

pete sounds like you know what you are talking about...i saw the report on wwl tv in N.O maybe you could contact them...they could give ya bp,s contact...also read as of tonight they finally got the smaller pipe inside of the leaking pipe...the question is how much oil is still leaking?...

Post Thanks / Like

Nuke it.
    Ya can't no more do what ya don't know than ya can come back from where ya ain't been!

Post Thanks / Like

This could well make Katrina look like a thunderstorm. The oil companies had to know this was at least a possibility and they have no solution for it. Hard to believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Folks, when you get right down to it, there's only one thing that matters here.
    The BOP's didn't work!
    That's it!
    Pete

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast