Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Blue Springs Lake / Longview Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Blue Springs Lake / Longview Lake

Anyone have any fishing info on these lakes. I am 20 min from BS lake and about 30 from Longview.
    I generally go to smithville, but on evenings after work BS or longview look handy.
    I have fished BS a few times this spring with no luck for crappie.
    These lakes any good for pan fish?
    Bass tracker PRO 17

Post Thanks / Like

I used to fish BS lake every weekend, until they raised the rates. Alot of pleasure boats. Fishing is ok, some bluegill in the rocky cove on the west side of the lake. Crappie are in the trees, I have a 18.25 incher on the wall from BS lake. Bass and crappie in the tree lines on the south side of the lake, under the bridge and to the right. Never fished Longview. Jacomo has some nice crappie, but the boat must have a 25 hp or less to get on. Another reason I don't get Jackson County lake pass.
    Work so I can fish and fish so I can survive work.
    Kevin

Post Thanks / Like

you can usually catch crappie or gills at the docks in the evening at jacomo,by the marina.sorry dont know much about bs or longview this time of year.soon the redears will be breeding on the old beach at jacomo.good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

I fish all the Jackson Co lakes. I have caught excellent fish on all of them. I don't mind paying the fees, since when the weather is nice I probably fish them at least twice a week.

There are areas on both lakes to get away from the pleasure boats.

I live closer to Longview, but also fish prairie lee quite a bit. I never mix alcohol and fishing, but if you do, watch it. I have seen no less then 50 people get hauled off the water in handccuffs on these lakes. Makes me feel good to know they are trying to keep the lakes safe. I'd like to see stronger laws against repeat offenders, but that's a conversation for another time.

Enjoy these lakes.

Post Thanks / Like

i also live within 20 min of BS and longview and i am about 5 min from prairie lee and jacomo. i have also caught crappie on the docks at jacomo. i used to bank fish for catfish every night on either jacomo or BS with some luck here and there. i have not fished it hard for crappie or bass with a boat yet but there are nice fish in all of them from people i know, you just have to find them. i am going to try going once or twice a week to one of them before work here soon so maby i will see you out there or be able to let you know what i am able to find.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info.
    I will be hitting blue springs lake some after work in the evenings.
    I want to hunt some bluegill and crappies.

For some reason I have always had trouble finding gills in lakes.
    Bass tracker PRO 17

Post Thanks / Like

let us know how you do and good luck......

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by toolmaker View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    I will be hitting blue springs lake some after work in the evenings.
    I want to hunt some bluegill and crappies.

For some reason I have always had trouble finding gills in lakes.
    IMO, jacomo has the best bluegill. I like longview better for big crappie, but there are pigs on both. I have a couple go to spots on both.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive only had the opportunity to go to Longview twice so far this year and did terribly both time. Last year I caught some nice crappie and more than a few white bass.

I fish Prairie Lee lake more than any others because its close to home and I can be there within 20 minutes of getting off work.......there arent any fish in this lake, dont bother, Its a waste of time!!! I swear!! :p
    Remember, its the second mouse that gets the cheese.