Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Robbed :(

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Robbed :(

came home wednesday for lunch and found that we had been a victim of robbery they came threw the front door that they had kicked open and had taken just about all of our electronics our 46" flat screen,xbox 360,Wii,my computer and about $500.00-$600.00 worth of movies and video games so I called the OKCPD and it took them 2.5-3 hours to respond to my call we were lucky enough that they left my wives laptop and camara laying on the sofa along with her wedding rings on the bathroom sink and lucky for us the sorry SOB droped there cell phone on the living room rug so the cops took it for evidance and told us that it would be a week to 10 days before we would hear anything and after all was said and done i went and bought a commercial steel door and steel frame and put up in place of our broke front door. so morral of the story buy a BIG fire proof gun safe even if you dont have guns cause it saved us BIG time and get a big mean dog to look over your home when your not there and dont forget to set the security alarm ( it was the only day the wife forgot to set the alarm) well we live and learn the hard way and try not to make the same mistakes im just thankfull that my wife was not home and that they didnt hurt any of our pets or get in our garage and if u can afford it invest in a couple of security camaras good luck and it dont have to be dark for a robbery to happen it only takes 10 mins for this stuff to happen even a quick run to the corner store and back the wife left to head to work at 9:30 and i got home at 11:15 for lunch and none of my neighbors seen or heard anything so take extra time to secure the things that are important and learn from the misfortunes of others and keep thoes people dear to you close cause one day,one second can change your hole life forever and for us were lucky to have what we got for some people that lost everything in mondays storms im sorry and our thoughts and prayers are with yall
    Last edited by crappie josh; 05-15-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: added txt
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

CJ, I know how you feel. Rigrunner and I were robbed three years ago. He only took money - $ 640.00 and a diamond ring -$ 2500.00. Police were fast getting here and they did catch the man the next week. Judge slapped his hand I guess ,for they did not tell us when the trial was, and let him go! Did not get anything back. Now that is justice??? Next time it will be the S & W or Colt. Much faster justice. Just hope you get yours back and justice works out for you.

Post Thanks / Like

oh and another thing make sure you write down all the sreial numbers of your electronics and take pictures and give discriptions of everything that has any value to you and for all of your big buys keep the recites it will only help you in the long run
    thanks Crappie Josh aka C.J.
    always ready to go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry it's happend. I hope the moron that did it gets caught due to his stupidity of leaving his cell phone. It shouldn't be that hard for the police to figure out who did it, if the police will even make the effort. A theif that wants to die will test me someday and I'll be happy to oblige him.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

Josh, hate to hear that you got robbed. Glad to hear that you and your family are okay.

These crooks are getting more and more brazen. Like you said, robberies don't just happen after dark now.

When I was single, my home was robbed and they cleaned me out of guns and fishing equipment.

My Wife and I had a Suburban stolen when we lived in Houston. She and her friend came out of Target. It was raining hard and when they came out, she noticed her Suburban driving away. Target couldn't get no pics of surveilance cameras due to the rain and the cops weren't real optimistic that we'd ever see it again. We did, two months later it was abandoned and stripped under an overpass.

One of the best moves we ever made when we moved in here was to buy a Fort Knox gun safe. Spend the money and get the best, the only regret you'll have is that you didn't buy a bigger one!

The other move we did during remodeling was reinforce the door jambs and doors.

Hope they catch the SOB's that did that to you and your family.

Usually those people who say it's not worth shooting someone over has never had their home broken into or their car stolen. I'm always quick to remind them that I'm not the one making the decision on whether or not my stuff is worth dying for, it's the crook deciding it's worth dying for if he gets caught.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the break in. That has happened to us four or five times over the years. Every one talks about what they would do if they came home and catch them in the house. Problem is no one expects any body to be in their house so they may walk in and get hurt themselves. Always be observent and careful even at home. Good to have your CWP also.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Good to hear that you or family wasn't hurt. We were broke into when we first moved into a house that we had bought. Nothing in the world makes me more mad than a thief. At least arm yourself and teach your family how to use in case it happens when at home. Material things can be replaced - loved ones cannot and dead folk can't testify. It is sad that it comes to that but if more good people were smartly armed this would be less of a problem than it is.

Post Thanks / Like

CrappieThug, I sent you a PM.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!