Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sinkos for crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sinkos for crappie

Saw some 2-3" senkos and wanted to know if they work. Thanks
    Last edited by Bigbass91; 01-12-2006 at 07:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

What is a sinko? 2-3"? Am thinking anything 2-3 inches is a bit shy for any kind of habitat.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking LOL @ Reaper ...

no dude ... Senko's are not "submersible habitats" -- they're a plastic bait :D (spelled Senko ... not "sinko") made by Gary Yamamoto.

They're primarily a Bass bait ... rigged "wacky" style or "tex-posed" with a wide gap worm hook, and usually without any added weight. They're also probably used for "drop shot" rigs.
    Their "claim to fame" is their built-in action. They're made of denser plastic, and are heavier than the "normal" straight plastic "worm" (so you are able to cast them without the added weight). They're designed to "wobble" as they fall thru the water ... and they are designed to fall with the "worm" staying in a horizontal position. They're "supposed" to mimic a injured/dying creature .. fluttering down thru the water, with an enticing "wiggle/wobble".

Now, as far as "do they work ?" ... I don't personally know. But, as with many other "bass" lures that catch Crappie ... I would think that they would. But, it would appear that they aren't selling as well as their bigger brothers ... hence the "overstock" sale:
    http://yamamoto.baits.com/cgi-bin/or...0?tgCrDBm4;;90
    And at $3 for a bag of 20 ... the price is certainly reasonable. .....cp

Post Thanks / Like

Tanks Pappy, kinda looks like a cigar. I've seen some broken sticks that look similar. Maybe I try to attach a hook to one and see what shakes.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Post Thanks / Like

They sink slow and do fall horizontally. Never caught anything on them though. They do look enticeing. I've done bette with the Zoom powerjerk shad. they have a tail that is flat, it falls slowly, and the tail vibrates as it falls, kind of like the Senko vibrates.
    John 21:3
    Simon Peter said to them, "I am going fishing." They said to him, "We are going with you also." They went out and immediately got into the boat, and that night they caught nothing.

And we act like this Nightstalking thing is new.

For some excitment, read the next verse. A special guest arrived, they filled their coolers and had a fish fry on the beach...in the morning. My kind of people.- Bowfin

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure about crappie , but we knock down a ton of bass with em wacky rig style over here in southern IL.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I guess the secret's out now.
    I've never used the Senko brand, but BPS sells a stick-O that I believe is 2.5" long...maybe even shorter.

I use them on a regular round jig head (collar or no collar) and fish them just like any other jig.

But...fair warning...they only catch BIG fish. So, if you only want to catch dinks, then don't tie these on. :D
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry...shoulda mentioned that we dead-stick these baits.
    Drop 'em over board and reel up to the fish's depth and just let it sit.

You might give it a tiny twitch every couple of minutes, but that's it. These things are dy-no-mite in the fall in Texas.
    <--Click for Website

Post Thanks / Like

We do catch an occasional crappie on them on Brownlee while bass fishing. They are deadly on smallmouth. In the spring I don't think you can fish them wrong. What I don't like about them is that the fish inhale them which leads to some dead sub-legal fish. By rigging them on a jig head my clients seem to react a little quicker and we kill fewer fish. Even the crappie swallow them but that's a good thing.

Post Thanks / Like

We knock the heck out of bass on them here in Missouri in the spring.Never thought to try the little ones for croppie.:rolleyes: Have to give that a shot when we go to Texas on the yearly spring trip to Fork.:D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast