Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sam Rayburn/Mill Creek area

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sam Rayburn/Mill Creek area

Hello,
    I have fished the area all around Mill Creek for the last 3 days and haven't caught a crappie yet. I've located fish stacked near structure, humps, etc. and just won't bite. Am I reading my fishfinder wrong or is it me? I don't expect anyone to give up their honeyhole but, a little help would be appreciated. Hurricane Rita took my crappie away from me and was hoping to catch some more.

Thanks,
    Ed

Post Thanks / Like

I'm having the same problem here in Central TX...graph is full of fish...shad are all over the place, but no bites.
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Try fishing a few inches off the bottom. That has been the patern on Lake Houston and Lake Conroe in the last week or so. It may hold true where you are fishing as well. Also most of the fish that are being caught are in open water.

BD

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys, I will try these suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

This time of the year the crappie have went to the north end of the lake and are stacking up in the river. Try around the 103 bridge if you can get there. Also the bite is better on the very dreary days. Good luck.
    Jody Goodwin

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for more info oilman. I am thinking of going there today.

Opp

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I didn't go yesterday. Went to Beaumont to buy trotline material. Couldn't believe Academy or Gander Mountain didn't have any spools of braided line. Had to come home and buy it at WallyWorld. So anyway, maybe I can get out there today or in the morning and catch some crappie and put out a trotline or two. I hope everyone had a great weekend fishing so far.

Opp

Post Thanks / Like

I found them at 17' in 25' of water in the river just north of 103. Finally turned my graph on fish track mode so it would give me the actual depth of fish. Drop it to 17' and it wouldn't be there long. Fishing with 5 poles out and one time had all 5 going at same time. What a blast. As it got darker in the evening saw the fish rising up on the graph so I moved up with them and kept on catching . Will have to admit this was the first time I really responded to what I was seeing on the graph and it really paid off.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks henman. I sure wanted to go yesterday but I was too scared of the wind and waiting to see about the storms. And now, looks like it's gonna be really windy all week. Thanks for the info.

Opp