Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy...

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Howdy...

...from Tulsa.

I've been lurking for the past week or so on here, trying to ingest as much of the vast ammounts of information this site has. I've learned about everything from how to rig dropshot to how to cook Gar...

I used to fish daily growing up around the Ft. Smith Ar area, but after I graduated I joined the Navy and set sail for sunny Southern California and the Mojave... I got all citified and until a couple of weeks ago I hadn't been fishing more than 3 times in probably 18 years.

Here lately I've been every day the weather would allow and am in the process of getting my 4 y/o hooked (that's her in my avatar with her first gill). This site has so much information and I've learned and relearned a lot. I have mainly been fishing the local places here in Tulsa (parks and reservoirs), but have also checked out Pretty Water Lake in Sapulpa, and Keystone State Park. I'm shore bound at the moment, but I should have that remedied in a couple of months.

I'm also blown away by the tight community on here, that's why I wanted to give myself an intro. Seems to be a lot of good folks on here and I've enjoyed reading the chronicles of Cricket George's pond/lake maintenance projects, and Stink Finger's (when I found out you were a Nurse that name made me laugh) cabin project. I hope to be able to contribute to the community in the future.

I'm going back to dive into the forums to learn some more hot spots to check out, and what to do when I get to them.

Glad to be here,
    Damon
    -Damon

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the boards Damon, nice to have you here.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard young man and make yourself at home. You'll find the folks here friendly, helpful, and eager to greet new members.

Beautiful 4 y.o. you have, makes me miss my youngest granddaughter, she's about that age.

I wouldn't fret much by not having a boat. I've owned em off and on for years and right now, my boat is over in Ada at my son's house and I don't miss it at all. I catch just as many fish without a boat as I do with.

Problem is, I don't catch too many fish period............ hahahaha.:D
    AMERICANS: Willing to cross a frozen river to kill you, in your sleep, on Christmas, totally not kidding, we've done it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkfinger View Post
    Problem is, I don't catch too many fish period............ hahahaha.:D
    Lol... I don't belive that for a minute... there is too much photographic evidence on this site that says otherwise

Yeah I'm not looking to get a big boat, just a little 2-man so my dad and I can get out and hit the spots you can't get to from the shore a bit... After reading Peke's accounts of her boating mis-adventures I know I'd be the same way.

Thanks for the welcome!

Oh here's a bigger picture of the avatar... notice that even her bait is pink (Gulp Alive Maggots work wonders around here).

-Damon

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board. There are a lot of good people that are good fishermen on here. I have learned a lot of new techniques by reading the forums on here.

Odie
    Common sense isn't always that common!

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from GEORGIA.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from South Carolina. I've got a good friend up around Bartlesville.

Post Thanks / Like

Damon......welcome from Louisiana......careful, you gonna like this site so much it interfere's with yo fishing time........LOL

good fishing
    The "King" is coming
    This could be the Day....
    RETIRED LOUISIANA CRAPPIE HUNTER

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by prefers shiners View Post
    Damon......welcome from Louisiana......careful, you gonna like this site so much it interfere's with yo fishing time........LOL

good fishing

It's definitely interfering with my working time :p
    -Damon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast