Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SI or HDS

Post Thanks / Like

Default SI or HDS

Anyone have one of these units? I have been thinking on getting one ,but am unsure on the one to get. Would love to see one in action on the water. Are they worth the money? Any help would be appericiated I don't even know if I am smart enough to use it to it's potential
    Thanks
    Last edited by sportsman223; 05-13-2010 at 08:21 PM. Reason: a

Post Thanks / Like

I have one love it. It is the 797 c SI Wish you was going to the meet. would let you check it out. I didn't realise that mine was not HDSI it is just SI. Want to see one of the bigger units. Thinking of upgrading but just don't know if it is worth it. It is pretty easy to use.

have to get together sometime.

Post Thanks / Like

pm sent

Post Thanks / Like

I have the si, and it is worth every penny. I fished bays I've never seen at Kentucky Lake this year, and found structure in deep water that you wouldn't know about unless you snagged it by chance. It's as easy as marking it as a way point, then driving over it with the fish finder, and if it's holding fish, the you stop and catch them. If you only fish water that you are use to then it might not be worth the money. I thought a vexliar was awesome, but that si capability makes a vex seem like black and white tv. I can't wait to see what they come up with next.
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm right there with ya, but I'm a Lowrance guy, so I'm parcel to structure scan. For one thing, one unit can run three HDS fishfinders. ( If you can afford more than one ! ) I've hear that they're very user friendly. You have to admit, either one beats the heck of what we have now !
    "Gottabefishin"

Post Thanks / Like

Default just got one i love it so far..

i just purchased the humminbird 797c si and i love it so far but im still learning how to use it... if you fish here in central indiana and want to check it out let me know. last night before all the boat ramp drama all i wanted to do is drive and let my buddy land all the fish cuz i was playing with it....lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goldeneye View Post
    I'm right there with ya, but I'm a Lowrance guy, so I'm parcel to structure scan. For one thing, one unit can run three HDS fishfinders. ( If you can afford more than one ! ) I've hear that they're very user friendly. You have to admit, either one beats the heck of what we have now !
    Lowrance had to purchase the humminbird technology from humminbird so they didn't get left in dust. Humminbirds customer service is better, and have less issues with waterproofing then Lowrance. Another cool thing about humminbird is that they give you the upgrades for free! Lastly, humminbird has there own forum that is just about their units. If you have a question, or want to be a proactive troubleshooter you can learn a boat load in a hurry. Lastly, you can switch sd cards with your friends and use their waypoints. I would spent the extra money and get at least the 898, because it is quite a difference from the 700 series.
    Ask me about: Bobby Garland, CrappiePro, Yeti Coolers, Power-Pole, and Simms Products!

Post Thanks / Like

One more thing, they are on sale right now, $100 off, which means you get your navigation card for free, or your ram mount .

Post Thanks / Like

Were are they on sale at?
    Last edited by sportsman223; 05-13-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: s

Post Thanks / Like

700 series is on sale at Cabela's, but if you don't own a Bass pro credit card, you get 10% off your first purchase, so if you get a 800, 900, 1000 series, that can save you alot of $$$.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast