Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Your Reward Points Expiring?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Are Your Reward Points Expiring?

Just got back from our local BPS. While checking out, they ask you if you'd like to use your reward points. I nearly always say "no" and then I said something to the effect about them not expiring.

The Clerk said that they could expire and that I should go over to Customer Service desk and have them change my account so that my points would not expire.

So I went over to the desk and they changed my account so that my points would not expire. They even gave me a new snazzy rewards card and told me that I was in the top 10% of their customers. Which means I'm spending way too much money at BPS. I sure wish we had a Cabela's close!

Anyway, if you use reward points from BPS and you save them up for future purchases, you'd better get your account set up so your reward points never expire.

Post Thanks / Like

Did not know you had that option. Thanks for sharing.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

Post Thanks / Like

You can get them to accumulate and not expire, instead of them sending you a $20 gift certificate as soon as you earn enough points. You just have to call customer service.

I save mine throughout the year and then use them at Christmas.
    J

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, we are all 10% of the preffered customers! LOL. They did not used to expire, that something they just started not to long ago.
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

The problem is that usually if you shop around you can beat their price on most items. I bought a new Minn Kota today and paid about $375 dollars less than their price!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fishawk View Post
    The problem is that usually if you shop around you can beat their price on most items. I bought a new Minn Kota today and paid about $375 dollars less than their price!
    Yeah, your right, but they carry a lot of things other don't. You can search around online and find what you want and save some $. But I have one, less than a mile from home.....whats a guy gonna do?
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Locator79 View Post
    Yeah, your right, but they carry a lot of things other don't. You can search around online and find what you want and save some $. But I have one, less than a mile from home.....whats a guy gonna do?
    I bought the Minn Kota on line while sitting in my easy chair!!

Post Thanks / Like

I can usually find things cheaper online. But I have to wait at least a week and pay S&H in most cases, which can negate any savings. For some things, I'll pay a little more to get them instantly by walking into a BPS store. Other things, like my Hbird 1197 and 798, I can afford to wait a week and save several hundred bucks.

Post Thanks / Like

Requirement for preferred rewards used to be $1500.00 worth of purchases in 1 year. Don't tell my wife.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to return a broken Crucial rod last year at BPS. I stopped at the entrance where they inspected the broken rod. I asked a girl to check my rewards balance...she spent twenty minutes on the computer before she came back to me. I was expecting about twenty bucks in rewards when she tells me I have over three hundred and fifty. She took the time to reinstate all of the rewards points that had expired. They also didn't have the Crucial rod in stock and gave me a good discount on upgrading to a Cumara. It was one of the few times I left BPS feeling great after a shopping spree.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast