Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: White County/Searcy Area

SLABSLAYR Guest

Default White County/Searcy Area

Hello All!

Just signed in and this is my 1st thread. Is anybody familiar with crappie fishing in the Searcy area? I've tried the Hurricane Oxbows, Lake Barnett and Bald Knob lake, but haven't had much luck on any of them. Perhaps someone can recommend another location.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board slab slayer. I dont do any fishing up there but I am sure 3 girsl dad will be able to offer up some advice related to White county. If you are willing to drive for a hour or so Peckerwood should satisfy any crappie itch you might have starting 2/1/06. The lake is closed untill then for duck hunting only.
    Again welcome abord and keep us posted on your fishing successes and failures

Post Thanks / Like

Go south on HWY 11 to DesArc and try some of the White River oxbows. Also DesArc Bayou and Lake are good at times. Or continue south to Brinkley/Biscoe area and try the Chain Lakes. Caught some of the biggest Crappie in my life there with abundance of 1 lb er's plus.
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"

Post Thanks / Like

Hey SlabSlayr, I'm right here in Searcy too and I wish I knew where they were biting. I've been over to Hurricane the last two weekends without any luck, but have heard people have caught a few out of Glaise Creek. Tried it Sat but could not stay put over cover because of the wind. Barnett has always been tough on me, that lakes just funny. By the way my name is Kin Bryant lived here all my life, whats your name, we probably know each other. Holler back and maybe we'll go try to get on them sometime.
    3GD

Post Thanks / Like

dafshklr, can you still fish the chain lakes aroound Biscoe? The ones I'm familiar with are on the right hand side of the road if your heading east. Some used to be pay lakes, but I thought I noticed the last time I was through there that they were now closed. I would love to know,as you said I also used to catch some very large fish there.

3Gd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie action around Searcy

Slab,

I don't get to go to Lake Austell nearly enough, but it is one of the best crappie lakes I have fished in the state. It is between Forrest City and Wynne (about an hour). There campsites are beautiful and they have cabins. There is a timbered cove straight out from the dock across the levee that holds some massive crappie. I hope to get up that way in February. Good luck.

Michael

SLABSLAYR Guest

Glad to hear from somebody else in the area. My name is James Foster. No relation to any other Fosters in the area. Been living in the Searcy are for about 10 years. Do alot of working & playing in Little Rock though. Don't get to fish as much as I'd like. Love to Crappie fish when I get the chance. Are all the lakes in Hurricane bottoms accessible? Usually its flooded this time of year. Seen a guy this past fall get a limit of Crappie out of Bald Knob Lake. He says there's a row of tree stumps along the creek that runs through it that produce for him. I just bought a Eagle fish finder, but haven't tried it out yet. Never used one before either. Thinking of heading to Bald Knob and scouting it out.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome James. I live in Paragould and guide in Hot Springs. I often pass through there and sometime we should get together for a bite or a crappie bite. If you ever find yourself in the Hot Springs area give me a call and we'll go jerk up some slabs.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Default 3gd

Oh yeah, they are still open and have a new access point by the biscoe store. There are a total of 4 lakes and Burnt Bayou that run through there and they all produce heavy stringers of fish! There is also Horshoe right in the area that is also excellent.
    Midsouth Tackle Pro Staff
    "Home of the Super Jig"