Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sickle hooks for Do-it ponyhead mold

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sickle hooks for Do-it ponyhead mold

Which sickle hooks will fit a do-it mold that calls for eagle claw 570-575 hooks?
    The specific mold is PHB-5-A. This is the one with barb collar cavities in 1/32, 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 and 3/8.

Post Thanks / Like

not many if any without mods to the mold. The only part you have to mod is the hole were the eye goes. The Matzuo sickels have a longer eye and I had to mod my mold to make them fit...I did what others on here advised me to do. I got a small drill bit and cut it off. I put it in the drill press and just made the eye holes on both sides of the mold for every jig a little bit bigger than what is there...It's easy to do and won't hurt the mold at all. Slabo had some molds for sale in the classified section that had been modified. You can see in his pics.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 05-12-2010 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i dont about the pony molds. But on my ballhead molds, they fit in there with no modification..pony molds may be diff

Post Thanks / Like

It's a different animal altogether. They are much different as my hilts ball head mold the cut out for the eyes are GIANT so you can use any hook you want. The tolerance on the Pony mold is min at best.

Post Thanks / Like

I must of got lucky then on my first batch of sickles from Capt Hooks cause I only had to set aside about 15 hooks where the wire eye was too long. I haven't tried the horse head mold yet because of our move but I wish it wasn't double sided.

Fatman

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait View Post
    not many if any without mods to the mold. The only part you have to mod is the hole were the eye goes. The Matzuo sickels have a longer eye and I had to mod my mold to make them fit...I did what others on here advised me to do. I got a small drill bit and cut it off. I put it in the drill press and just made the eye holes on both sides of the mold for every jig a little bit bigger than what is there...It's easy to do and won't hurt the mold at all. Slabo had some molds for sale in the classified section that had been modified. You can see in his pics.
    slabo
    please pm me with your mold info thanks jimmie