Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oil washing ashore

Post Thanks / Like

Default Oil washing ashore

The news reported oil washing ashore at whisky pass in Terrebonne parish..the problem with this is that there is no solid chain of islands anymore..so virtually no way to stop the oil from coming further inland..the wind is blowing in a bad direction for us here in Terrebonne...and to top it off this is the prime time for fishing the islands...not to mention shrimp season..for me this is beyond words..its like watching a friend drown and there is nothing you can do about it..maybe i can help with the clean up when this is all over with...for now its just a sad day

Post Thanks / Like

I agree very sad to see this ruin the fishing down there.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Been following it on the news
    It is truly a sad day
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Post Thanks / Like

BP will be paying through the nose for this accident. Unfortunately many good people are going to lose their livelihood over the ruined fishing down there.
    Fishin' fills the time until College football season

Post Thanks / Like

It is an unfortunate accident that's for sure,but we need the oil rigs out there they do more than just extract oil,they also proide some of the best fishing in the world,just to bad something like this had to happen,seems like they would have some emergency response plans to deal with something like this instead of going to the drawing board after the fact.I don't understand how they don't have a contigency plan for any kind of imagianable accident so they could move quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

this disaster is like closing Poverty Point, Darbonne, Caney..and every lake lake in the northern part of the state due to some oilfield disaster....it is huge and affects many many fisherman, bait shops, hotels, camp rentals, etc.it affects the way of life for many people...and they cant stop it....

Post Thanks / Like

It amazes me how little prepared BP seemed to be for such a disaster. The oil companies had to know there was potential for such an incident. Now that it happened they are experimenting with ways to stop it????? Now our great congress is holding hearing on what caused it. For Gods sake, everyone should be focusing on stopping it first. Law suits, you damn right. If BP doesn't pay through the nose, there is no reason for this not to happen again. It appears the greatest fishing area in the world may be destroyed. What a sad event!

Post Thanks / Like

Gentleman,
    As bad as this may seem, I think it will be just another bump in the road for the fishing along the Gulf Coast. I may just be over optimistic, but I feel as though they will have this leak stopped or at least slowed soon and the permanent damage from this will be minimal. At least I hope this is the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Crappdaddy...i like your optimism..but the 2 things i have learned from living here all my life is that you cant trust the gov...and ya cant trust the oil guys for doing the right thing...its all about the dollar and seldom about whats good for the environment..they dig canals then close them off to fisherman..and there many more examples of abuse..but thats a subject for another day..i know we need the oil and it does provide jobs..but there should be some forethought and safe guards..

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Heard or read that it will be 2-3 years before it is cleaned up
    than another bunch of years before it gets back to normal
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast