Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Harris Chain news flash - crappies & sunshine bass biting NOW!

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Harris Chain news flash - crappies & sunshine bass biting NOW!

Crappies and sunshine bass on minnows really hitting now. Just had a frost -now 73 degrees - full moon coming up. Boat ramps overfull. It is great to live in Lake County, Florida. Wonderful weather now.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where

Are you talking big lake or little laKE Harris.
    Are they shallow or deep?
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Lake Eustis in the deep water in front of the hospital!

Nice size 11 to 13" crappies and 15 tp 19" sunshine bass. They have actually been biting for a month, but more action now. All you have to do is take a ride on Lakeshore drive between Eustis and Tavares and look North in Lake Eustis in the AM. - lots of boats.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring has sprung in Central Florida!

The following link is produced by a local guide who fishes the Harris chain:
    http://www.sbtoutdoors.com/fishing_reports.html

shuorc is offline Crappie.com 1K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Harris

Today caught 23 nice ones(mostly black males) in the heavy grass depth 3ft.
    <*(((((><

Post Thanks / Like

Default limit

limited out today in shallow water. Most caught around vegetation.
    Joe

Post Thanks / Like

Just joined the forum today, was directed to it by a buddy of mine I have not met yet, but hope to soon.
    We went out today on Eustis and brought in 8 really nice ones, but they are not hitting like they were out behind the hospital.
    Saw quite a few people fishing the lilly pads yesterday in dead river, but we were taking some new comers out for a boat ride around the chain and did not get to fish.
    A neighbor said he was fishing in the creek (pads) and he had 20, but only 5 or six were over 11". I noticed that while he was cleaning them, most were males.
    I hope to meet a few of you and get to know how to jig fish. Been a minner fisher all my life and just was never shown how to use one. Quick learner and even have some, just don't have a clue if they are the right ones or not.
    I keep hearing about "sunshine bass"......have caught a number of what I call stripers......is that the name for them down here???? Just wondering.
    Looking forward to meeting a lot of you at the tourny on Lake Harris toward the end of the month.....till then.....remember......if you know how to fish, at least you wont go hungry!!!!!!!!
    A gun in hand is a lot better than a cop on the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Another limit

Got another limit today on Harris.
    Jigs for sure, only way to go.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by centerdriver
    Just joined the forum today, was directed to it by a buddy of mine I have not met yet, but hope to soon.
    We went out today on Eustis and brought in 8 really nice ones, but they are not hitting like they were out behind the hospital.
    Saw quite a few people fishing the lilly pads yesterday in dead river, but we were taking some new comers out for a boat ride around the chain and did not get to fish.
    A neighbor said he was fishing in the creek (pads) and he had 20, but only 5 or six were over 11". I noticed that while he was cleaning them, most were males.
    I hope to meet a few of you and get to know how to jig fish. Been a minner fisher all my life and just was never shown how to use one. Quick learner and even have some, just don't have a clue if they are the right ones or not.
    I keep hearing about "sunshine bass"......have caught a number of what I call stripers......is that the name for them down here???? Just wondering.
    Looking forward to meeting a lot of you at the tourny on Lake Harris toward the end of the month.....till then.....remember......if you know how to fish, at least you wont go hungry!!!!!!!!