Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luncheon/Meeting?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Luncheon/Meeting?

What's up guys. I'm looking at setting up a regular meeting/lunch where we can trade tips, lures, maps, stories, etc. I'll have plastic jigs (and a few handtied ones), floats, and maybe a few maps to give everyone at the first lunch. Looking to setup the first lunch sometime in early Feb. I have weekends off so that would be best for me. Either friday night or anytime on Sat/Sun.

Maybe we could name the group and get fishing hats or shirts made up. There's a guy in my business park that prints T's and hats so we could a good deal. We could meet up at a good burger or pizza joint or we could meet at my business and order in. I'm open to all ideas so throw them out!!!

Oh yeah, the crappie are on the bite at Silver Lake. I'm heading down for two days next week so look for a report and pics soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I also thought I'd toss these up real quick for you guys that like to research before hitting the water.

http://wdfw.wa.gov/fish/warmwater/reports.htm (warmwater fish surveys for most of the good lakes)

http://wdfw.wa.gov/hab/release.htm (order high resolution maps from WDFW)

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, today is our 24th straight day of heavy rains. The record is 32 days straight set back in the 50's. It's supposed to rain for at least the next two weeks. They say you have to have gills to survive up here.

Post Thanks / Like

i am pretty flexible with meeting time and place, weekends or friday night s are also best for me. have you read the warmwater report for spencer lake? i have the biggest fish on there the smallmouth and the largemouth, i am kind of proud of that, the same guy that did that one also did a cool one on lake union and washington smallmouth bass where he took ictures of them underwater, its all about how they relate to docks. koke, masta and me all have the 3rd off which is a friday if that might work

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me! And speeking of hats and shirts we have been trying to get a BHs fishing club down and want to get hats, maybe you might be able to point be in the right direction...I am up for it, and thanks for the sites I always do a lot of reasurcch before I fish. does not seem to help but it makes me feel better...
    To land one of my crappie i need a gaff and a .22 pistal :D

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good to me too. cool sites, now I have something to read as it pours rain all day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kokanee King
    does not seem to help but it makes me feel better...
    I know the feeling:D. There have been times that I had the whole trip planned out in my head. Rods already tied up, areas of the lake mapped out...then I get there and the fish teach me a leason in being too prepared lol. Makes it worth it in the end though if you figure them out by the end of the day.

The first weekend of Feb will work for me. Koke: I'll stop by the printer and check out some prices for you. The printer is really laid back guy. He'll give you a good deal and does great work. He printed up 50 shirts for me in one day and they look great.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by urban_fisher1
    have you read the warmwater report for spencer lake?

I haven't read that one yet. I'll have to check it out. There's also a PDF on warmwater stockings that list what lakes where stocked with channel cats, crappie, bass, and bluegill in the last four years. I have a print out of it but can't find the link on the WDFW site anymore.

That underwater study of Lake Wa is the best one I've read thus far. Tells you a lot about where the smallies spawn on the big lake.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SlabKing

That underwater study of Lake Wa is the best one I've read thus far. Tells you a lot about where the smallies spawn on the big lake.
    Well I will definetely be reading that one then!

Post Thanks / Like

yea you should its got cool pictures too, i love seeing bass in their own world, the underwater camera is the coolest toy i have ever had
    Last edited by urban_fisher1; 01-11-2006 at 10:17 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast