Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crappie heads for bait. 7.5ft. fish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie heads for bait. 7.5ft. fish

When I'm Sturgeon fishing I use Crappie heads for bait. I also use them for Channel Catfish. You guys try it for your lunker Blues, and Channel cats. The boy on the right caught the fish.

We also catch Channel Catfish with Crappie heads.
    Last edited by Ken Jones; 05-11-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Ken,

Bait a hook up with GCD's head and catch a big blow fish. j/k
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

What CP said only use Wannabes head.....ought to catch a big stinkin catfish with that.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

That's illegal here in Texas. You cannot use any part of gamefish for bait.

PB Wht. Crappie 2.48 lbs 02-12-2011

Post Thanks / Like

I remember the time I took a pic of Cane Poles head when he was cuttin' the fool with the landing net.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

In Idaho crappie is concidered a trash fish not a game fish. We cannot use live bait of anykind here in Idaho. Which I am glad. In my opinion live minnow fishing is for someone who doesn't know how too artificial fish. Thats just my opinion only.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Jones View Post
    In Idaho crappie is concidered a trash fish not a game fish. We cannot use live bait of anykind here in Idaho. Which I am glad. In my opinion live minnow fishing is for someone who doesn't know how too artificial fish. Thats just my opinion only.
    Thats funny!
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Post Thanks / Like

You can use your artifical baits and I will use what it takes to catch Crappie and we will both be happy and around here I will be eating fish and you can chew on your artificial baits. I love it when someone around here says that to me. It happened to me last year and they finally went and bought some minnows, and came back, but still couldn't catch any Crappie. I have had guy's tell me that using bobbers was for sissy's and ended up asking me for a bobber. If you close your mind to all type's of baits, whither it be live bait, or artificals, you are loosing out on a lot of Crappie catching. I don't tell anyone to use only one type of bait to catch fish. That is foolish.
    Around here People (fishermen) say that I don't go fishing, I go catching. I don't give up trying until I am on the shore on the way home. People that go fishing with me have never been skunked. There is a reason for that, and that is, I don't discriminate against any style or type of bait. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

A couple of guy's around here use dead baby pigs for bait and make their own hooks from 1/4 in rods. They use them in the Platte River for huge catfish. They tie the hooked bait to a tree along the bank. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    You can use your artifical baits and I will use what it takes to catch Crappie and we will both be happy and around here I will be eating fish and you can chew on your artificial baits. I love it when someone around here says that to me. It happened to me last year and they finally went and bought some minnows, and came back, but still couldn't catch any Crappie. I have had guy's tell me that using bobbers was for sissy's and ended up asking me for a bobber. If you close your mind to all type's of baits, whither it be live bait, or artificals, you are loosing out on a lot of Crappie catching. I don't tell anyone to use only one type of bait to catch fish. That is foolish.
    Around here People (fishermen) say that I don't go fishing, I go catching. I don't give up trying until I am on the shore on the way home. People that go fishing with me have never been skunked. There is a reason for that, and that is, I don't discriminate against any style or type of bait. EB
    Amen
    HAND TIED CRAPPIE JIGS CRAPPIECOLLECTORS JIGS

https://www.etsy.com/shop/CRAPPIECOL...g_id=515350944

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast