Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Rain gear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Rain gear

looking for new rain gear any sugestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me, dont go cheap.
    You cannot beat Cabelas gore tex Guide Wear

I have been drenched many times, but never with my Guide Wear

Post Thanks / Like

Crappoli is right on. I've learned the hard way. Kool Dry, Omnitech, Carhart, they all work for a short time but not long term. I was at an ISO meeting with some Gortex personnel and they produce a lot of different rainwear but that nothing can compete with the actual Gortex. I am a believer and also the proud owner of Cabelas Gortex Guide Wear.
    Crappie Kid

Post Thanks / Like

GoreTex is the only way to go!!!! It will cost you a bit more, but you won't be dissapointed. I have a full GoreTex suit but it's rather heavy, so keep in mind something light weight for spring/summer fishing. Since your spending the money I would also suggest looking into camo so you can use it double duty for both hunting and fishing.
    Stay away from the Frogg Toggs suits.......I returned mine after only one use of getting soaked!!!!!
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the info I'll get one ordered.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gore Tex

I totally agree with the Gore Tex, however, Gander Mountain has their own brand and it is 1/2 the cost of either Cabela's or Bass Pro.

I got some nice suspenders, and a awesome jacket for $89.00 per. That totals with tax less that $200.00 for both. Bass Pro wants $200+ for one of the pieces.

I got a waranty on my items for an extra $10.00, any rips or the like, and I will be fully reimbursed for two years, not a bad deal.

I don't know where there are Gander Mountains at in Iowa, but there is a nice store in Peoria, Il. if you are anywhere near our boarder, and no I don't work for them.

Oh, and I got a nice hunter green color, I have not seen that from the other two retailers. They also have blue and red. My friend bought one from Bass Pro and it looks like a purple people eater costume. :D

Anyway, good luck, hope this helps you in your decision making. Anyway you go, do what the first guy sugessted, "don't go cheap."

And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

I bought Gander Mtn's Tech2o gear. I tried to double duty the gear between fishing and hunting. The camo version is flannel on the outside, which not only gets heavy, but if you are somewhat dumb like me, you will fish in a downpour if catching fish. My raingear did not leak but the flannel wicked all the moisture up in the cuffs and up through waistband.
    Yes it worked fine UNTIL i needed it the most. OH and to top it off, my 2 buddies were dry as a bone and decided to stop for a few cold ones and something to eat. I froze my rear end off in the bar with a/c on. 2 weeks later, Cabelas Guide Wear, and have not even been uncomfortable since.

IF you are going to use it, worth every penny. Another thing, I have a hunter green and black coat with black bibs. Bought them in the fall on clearance, $300.00 complete