Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: ok condos sunk,, how long to wait?

Post Thanks / Like

Default ok condos sunk,, how long to wait?

ok i finally got my boo condos sunk, first time i tried sinking them and had a fisherman following me around all day,, but today got out there early and got them down, in the channel with a sharp curve and flats on both sides. it was about 12 foot deep, will be 15 to 16 foot deep this summer... looked like a great spot to sink, but now how long will it take for some crappie to move in,, not charging them any rent:D just want a few filets from time to time...guys this crappie fishing is turning out to be as much work as bass fishing:o

Post Thanks / Like

Hey jhef:

We've gone back to new bamboo condos the next day and caught fish on them. It will depend on how much other cover there is available and whether or not the fish are on the move.

If there is a lot of cover and they are hunkered down with everything they need they may not find it right away but if either the lake level or water temperature are rising or falling they will be looking for a new place to hang out and will get on it pretty quick.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, don't worry about that guy following you around all day. Just boat up to him, introduce yourself, and enlist his help. You just might find a pretty cool fishing partner or at least a friend on the water.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

put some out on blacksher monday after christomas and anothe crappie com member cought fish the next day . this was old bambo that all leaves was gon when we put it out .some had pvc mixed with it .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Darryl Morris]Hey, don't worry about that guy following you around all day. Just boat up to him, introduce yourself, and enlist his help. You just might find a pretty cool fishing partner or at least a friend on the water.[/QUO

if im gonna build them and load etc , i mmise well drop them by myself too...the sneaky fisherman gonna have to find it on his own

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=jhef]
    Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Morris
    Hey, don't worry about that guy following you around all day. Just boat up to him, introduce yourself, and enlist his help. You just might find a pretty cool fishing partner or at least a friend on the water.[/QUO

if im gonna build them and load etc , i mmise well drop them by myself too...the sneaky fisherman gonna have to find it on his own
    Well, boating right up to him will either yeild something good. You're not opposed to good things are you? Or it will scare him off because you were kindly bold enough to speak to him directly. Just my opinion.
    I do commend you for your singular dedication though.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

lol i feel ya darryl thanks for the info,,,:D :D

Post Thanks / Like

Have put out trees and been back 3 days later caught fish and maybe they were on it same day-3 days was quickest I ever went back.
    I quit growin gray hairs over who was doggin me putting out brush a long time ago, not worth the effort. For one thing, when are you gonna fish it, the dead of night? Any of us can (and I have) go out on the water and see who's crappie fishin over or to brush/condos. I have, uh, accidently noticed such things thru binoculars while "birding". You can't own the condo once you put it in public water. I myself will fish anywhere there is brush sunk I know of but I have never once boated up to someone fishing over "their" or "someone elses" structure to fish but thats just me. If someone were to do the same to me I would have no problem with it (and really no say-so) as long as they acted decent and werent tossing their anchor out in the middle of the brushpile or silly stuff like that. I don't go out with locating others brushpiles foremost on my mind understand, but I put plenty out and it all ends up fished by everybody anyway so lets all get along I figure. Just my take on it.
    Jeff
    Shoer,
    12th Degree Ninja

in a VAN down by the RIVER, Georgia/Alabama line
    Post Thanks / Like

I had some guys following me around while I was fishing. Everytime I would got toward them they would just scoot away... Then I'd see them back when I was fishing again, they were arses.

"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles." ~Doug Larson

Post Thanks / Like

I use pvc and get a kick out of guys coming in after i have put it out
    trying to find it on their depth finder, it usually doesn't show up.
    regards
    chef