Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Michigan crappie.com outing video

Post Thanks / Like

Default Michigan crappie.com outing video

Well the outing is over and I really hated to see it end. What a great time. Always nice to meet new friends and fellow anglers with a passion for crappie fishing and just having a good time, and that is what we did. Yankeedoodler (Don) and his wife arrived at the campground Friday evening giving us some time to chit chat and share some good old conversation. Surprisingly, not all the conversation was about fishing, but it was all good conversation. Saturday morning I returned to the campground and met Ready2fish (Jim) and Skillett007 (Kevin) where they had set up camp right next to Don and his wife. A few hours of swapping tales and info, while Don moved his trailer (a whole new story in itself) and I prepared the loin for lunch. Man did we eat good. Everyone had some wonderful food to share and I do believe no one went hungry. That little slice of choclate heaven was amazing, thanks Carol.
    As the wind howled the slight drizzle that had been coming down a good part of the morning eased up just as we were preparing to hit the water for some fishing. Don, Jim, and Kevin each motored their boats down river toward the first bay that might hold some specks as I drove to the landing and put my kayak in for the paddle up the lake to meet the others. Paddling into a 25 - 40 mph headlong is not the easiest chore but our timing was perfect for as I approached the bay from the South, yankeedoodler, skillett007, and ready2fish were coming in from the North. Ready2fish landed a couple little specks fairly quickly, skillett007 was not having much luck and yankeedoodler was not doing much better. I managed to pick up 17 dinks off one tree and another dozen or so in a canal but for the most part fishing was slow for everyone. After about 4 hours of fishing we all arrived back at the camp. Well it turned out that everyone did catch at least one crappie. I kept a couple for fish sandwiches and the rest were released by everyone. The evening brought on several more hours of pleasant conversation, a few refreshments and more great food. It all seemed to end to soon but I am really looking forward to this falls outing. Hope you all enjoy the video. Sorry no sound, youtube editing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqQQrIPoMVc
    Last edited by slabsrus; 05-10-2010 at 09:58 AM. Reason: add video link
    It is not about the equipment you have to use,
    It is about how you use the equipment you have. :D

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like fun by all was had

Post Thanks / Like

gotta love them outings, have made several and man it's fun. glad y'all had a good time.

Bob # 1 is offline Moderator Fisherman's Memorial Forum * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad you had a good time

Miss Michigian,Born rasied in Howell
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Testimonials
    Night fishing tips 101
    Temperature Guide Crappie

Fishing lights