Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Northern Alabama Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Northern Alabama Crappie

Has anyone caught any Crappie in N. Alabama lately. I have not caught one in about a month.

And also Happy New year, may it be peaceful & prosperous
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

Mighty, I havent heard from you in a while. I wondered where you were. I was telling a few others that this past month or so has been my worst ever for crappie fishing. I have caught a few fish at crow creek. I think out of my last 3 trips I ended up with only 36 measuring fish all total. 16 one day 14 one day and only 6 my last day. I decided I wouldnt go again for a while. The last time I went was the day you called me. I take it you didnt do any good that day. I use to catch numerous numbers of fish this time of year, but the last couple years have been rough. One thing is the amount of pressure on the areas where we have been fishing. Never ever seen so many people fishing. The past few years when the fish were really biting, you had to take a number to get a good spot 24 hours a day. Heck you know me and you got there around 2 in the morning and someone was already where I wanted to be. I need to get off my butt and make some crappie condos and put them out where I can have some fishing holes without so much pressure. I have only had my boat for a year though so I have been mainly just fishing out of it. I have talked to several people in the area mighty and all have told me they are not catching any fish. I dont know what to tell you but to keep trying, surely they will eventually pick up a little.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Condos yep

I agree thats what we need to do and take them to deeper water. Let me know when your ready.
    Love, what more can I say

Post Thanks / Like

I am a crappie fisherman from Missouri. I have some time to fish next week while my wife attends meetings in Huntsville. I could use some advise on where to fish from the bank. Guntersville, Wheeler, Tennessee River, or somewhere else? What lures or bait is best? Does anyone know anything about Madison County Lake? Thanks for any information you can provide.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mighty
    Has anyone caught any Crappie in N. Alabama lately. I have not caught one in about a month.

And also Happy New year, may it be peaceful & prosperous

I have caught a few (10-12)at Cotaco creek the last few times out and I've heard about a few good numbers at Limestone creek, But as you said when they're biting there's hardly a place to park the truck.
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTFish
    I am a crappie fisherman from Missouri. I have some time to fish next week while my wife attends meetings in Huntsville. I could use some advise on where to fish from the bank. Guntersville, Wheeler, Tennessee River, or somewhere else? What lures or bait is best? Does anyone know anything about Madison County Lake? Thanks for any information you can provide.

I'm not very familar with Guntersville, but I've heard in the last few days about some good fish under the bridges on rock ledges, if you can get a spot.
    A positive additude may not fix all of your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worthwhile.

Post Thanks / Like

Went last night caught 12 only 3 would measure.Goosepond is were I fished several people were fishing.Fished from 4 p.m to 7 p.m,

Post Thanks / Like

hey mighty, went out last friday and and caught the heck out of them on flint creek in about 8 to 10 ft of water. most were small though otherwise its been the same for me (no luck). i think its that warm weather we were having. not the case now though is it