Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line

In my never ending search for the best fishing gear to be had for the lowest price and in particular the best overall possible line ever, I have used over the years Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line. It ranks right up there with the best stuff I have used which is Sufix Promix and Gamma copoly. The difference here is 6000 yard spools for $18 in 4 and 6 lb. Making it the new copoly value/high end quality fishing line champ. This is very good line. It is super strong, low stretch, highly scratch resistant and strength retention when scratched, limp and thin.

Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line at FishUSA.com - America's Tackle Shop!
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GRIZZ View Post
    In my never ending search for the best fishing gear to be had for the lowest price and in particular the best overall possible line ever, I have used over the years Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line. It ranks right up there with the best stuff I have used which is Sufix Promix and Gamma copoly. The difference here is 6000 yard spools for $18 in 4 and 6 lb. Making it the new copoly value/high end quality fishing line champ. This is very good line. It is super strong, low stretch, highly scratch resistant and strength retention when scratched, limp and thin.

Triple Fish Xrated Co-Polymer Line at FishUSA.com - America's Tackle Shop!
    I have never tried it Grizz... I am presently using Vicious Panfish which seems to work very well. Will I like this better...:D

Post Thanks / Like

They will very similar. Most copolymer lines are. The difference here is the cost. Viscous is pretty pricey.

Post Thanks / Like

Does it come in hi viz.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

They have hi viz lines but I have not tried them and they are another material. Fluorocarbon Fishing Line from Triple Fish International, The Official Web site for world famous Triple Fish lines I have used the xrated and spinning RX which are copolys. Perlon lines are more like nylon lines like Trilene. They are said to be stronger, but I have heard they are stiff and coily.

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought a spool of 4 lb. viscous copolymer line on ebay, almost 3000 yards worth for about $10 with shipping, hope this is good line. Just wish it had been hi vis instead of clear.
    Waterboy1

Post Thanks / Like

That's a great deal. I haven't used it yet but most people like it a lot. I wish they started selling Gamma for less.

Hat55 is offline Crappie Wall Hanger II * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

May have to try some.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

I must be the odd man out. I bought an 8 lb and a 10 lb spool of Vicious Hi-Vis Panfish from Monks and the stuff won't hold a knot for nothing! I'm sorry I ever bought it.

I can't tell you how many knots I broke just cinching them down.

Until I find something better, I'll go back to Hi-Vis PLine. It's stiffer and has some memory, but I can straighten out my hooks all day long with the 10 lb stuff.

I don't fret much about the cost. I just want a tough line that I can swing slabs in the boat with or pull my jigs free. Is that too much to ask from a Crappie line?

Anyone else have this problem with the Hi-Vis Panfish Vicious line?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Triple Fish

As I've just got into tossing large swimbaits for bass, it was suggested on several swimbait specific sites, to use TF Perlon monofilament. So, I just bought a 520 yard spool (25# test) for $11.00! You can beat the price. And if the performance is half the hype, I'll be very pleased indeed! Will let you know.

If this does work out for me, you can rest assured I'll be ordering my next crappie line from Triple Fish!
    "A voyage in search of knowledge need never abandon the spirit of adventure."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast