Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: walleye in cataract

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye in cataract

has anyone been catching any walleye with their crappie i used to always get afew on jigs down by the dam

Post Thanks / Like

walleyedan, I mean danwalleye..... there are really walleye in the Cat? Dragged crankbaits all around that lower end last yr... digging up dirt untill the bills on the bait plum wore off. If you thought a rain upstream had muddied up the water...it was probably just me plowing up the bottom. Not a walleye to be had.

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Billbob is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2013 Guber Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

tooooooooo meny shad
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Crappie.com Pro Staff
    Guber Pro Staff
    Cane Pole Pro Staff
    Haulin Ash Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

We did catch a few last year in the quick water below the dam::D, nothing to big about 2 pounds each..got them on 1/4 oz jig &twister tails.:D . going to be at cat on5/20 -to 5/24 how is water level & is any crappies being caught?
    Last edited by crappie poppie; 05-08-2010 at 03:49 PM. Reason: add on

Post Thanks / Like

caught 1 about 12 inches long yesterday on a roadrunner and curlytail while crappie fishing. It was in about 3 FOW in the back of a small cove.

http://www.indianaslabmasters.com
    Jason Snyder
    Southern Pro Tackle, Juiced-Up Baits
    Roadrunner Fishing Team, Frogg Toggs

Post Thanks / Like

Crappie fish the dam area at Cat with curly tails ALOT. Have not caught any walleye in a lonnnng time. 3 years ago I caught a couple very small ones, none since then. As billbob said, HUGE Shad schools. I was there on Friday morning and the Shad schools were so big & thick it turned the area of water they were in Black!

CrappiePoppie, the lake is down just a bit, but they are bringing it up slowly to pool. This isn't affecting the lake or the fishing though. The fishing (IMO) is good to excellent right now. The big females are ready to do thier thing (if not already) & the smaller ones are a bit behind. This is observing the eggs from the fish I cleaned this past week. Myself & a partner fished 3 different days and took 139 last week, (39, 50 & 50). You should still have a good trip on the dates you mentioned as it will be spawn/post-spawn, & they should still be protecting/feeding. Feel free to PM me if you like.
    Like Momma always said, "There ain't nothin' worse than a messy tackle box!"

Post Thanks / Like

hoosier daddy keep trying work the rock points right now with green jigs and minnow water is perfect to see rock points now

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigHookCrappieJigs View Post
    Crappie fish the dam area at Cat with curly tails ALOT. Have not caught any walleye in a lonnnng time. 3 years ago I caught a couple very small ones, none since then. As billbob said, HUGE Shad schools. I was there on Friday morning and the Shad schools were so big & thick it turned the area of water they were in Black!

CrappiePoppie, the lake is down just a bit, but they are bringing it up slowly to pool. This isn't affecting the lake or the fishing though. The fishing (IMO) is good to excellent right now. The big females are ready to do thier thing (if not already) & the smaller ones are a bit behind. This is observing the eggs from the fish I cleaned this past week. Myself & a partner fished 3 different days and took 139 last week, (39, 50 & 50). You should still have a good trip on the dates you mentioned as it will be spawn/post-spawn, & they should still be protecting/feeding. Feel free to PM me if you like.
    thanks for the info we were there in 08 and water was 35 ft above pool , we fished at the falls did"t do to bad 09 water still up 20 ft not good at all, hope this year is better ,we have at least3 or 4 boats going and 8 to 10 guys always a fun weekend. i live in wanatah in up north are you n or s ? good fishing to you. Dave

Post Thanks / Like

i m in indy but get to catty alot been fishing it for over 30 years

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by danwalleye View Post
    i m in indy but get to catty alot been fishing it for over 30 years
    got family in browsburg go that way to pic him up when going to catt. mabye we will see you at catt some time. dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast