Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ? about slabs

Post Thanks / Like

Question ? about slabs

How big does it have to be in your area of the country to be a slab? Or what size does it have to be for you to consider it to be a slab?
    :D Give a man a crappie you feed him for a day...teach a man to fish for crappie and get rid of him for the weekend!!!

texanz1187 Guest

Talking slab size

to be a slab in my opinion it has to be atleast 18in but then again i live in texas and i have pulled a few out close to 25 in the river
    Last edited by texanz1187; 04-28-2004 at 01:46 PM.

slab_seeker Guest

If your fishing High Rock Lake, NC it's between 8 1/4 and 8 1/2 inches. Just kidding, to me a decent fish is 10''-12'', a slab 12''-14'' and any thing over 14 inches is huge

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hey Slab Seeker

Do you fish Badin much or do them there nasty stripers ripp all your lite line off your reels

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lebruce
    How big does it have to be in your area of the country to be a slab? Or what size does it have to be for you to consider it to be a slab?
    To me a slab is 1.5lbs or bigger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now those Texas fish are scranny compared to the ones here in Indiana. Our crappie are huge. 30" are common and a 60" long crappie can be found in our Rivers
    In fact we have to buy special frying pans and stoves to cook our crappie. And each house in IN is equipped with a overhead crane to help move the fish around the kitchen. LOL
    Regards,

Moose1am

Crappie15 Guest

To me, a crappie is a slab if it is 11 inches or bigger. They don't grow all that big up here in New England.

slab_seeker Guest

Big George, That I can remember, I have never fished Badin, and those nasty strippers better leave my poor defenseless minnow alone. I don't worry about my line, I buy it in bulk.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pass The Chief

30 AND 60 Inch crappie? Never heard of that and I have been crappie fishing for 25 years.

Are you guys catching them on lake Mary Jane in the back of Good Bud's cove?
    I'm sick of following my dreams. I'm just going to ask them where they're goin' and hook up with them later.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

To me a keeper, has to be at least 10, but a slab 14 or more, here in western Pa.

FISH4DUG Guest

Boy You Know How To Fire Us Up. Good Question. A Slab To Me Is Any Crappie That Makes Me Want To Grab A Net. Unless Im In Texas Then A Slab Can Be As Big As 10 Inches And I Call It 30. Fish4dug

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast