Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: got all the goodies ,, now what

Post Thanks / Like

Default got all the goodies ,, now what

ok i got 3 trolling rods, 11, 12 , and 13 foot long, 3 ultra lights, all loaded with 6 lb hi vis stren,,,2 tackle boxes full of road runners, grubs, tubes., hooks etc . etc. got sinkable night lights, rod holders ,, and a back yard full of crappie condos i gotta go sink,,,,all i need now is some fish, so who gonna be the first one to point me in the right direction for catching me some crop-pees,, lord knows i need it,, im on wheeler up here in decatur al , our river channel averages 28 to 30 foot some deeper holes and deeper closer to the dam, got sev creeks running into it,, so im now harrassing you guys for a hand out,, help i want to catch something worth eating...thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you have the fever. My only contribution is..you got to have payshunts and you got to pay your dues.

Post Thanks / Like

check the state message boards for your lake
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, patience is good - hang around here, and maybe it won't take you
    as long as I did to start figuring things out:D Wait a minute - by the last
    couple trips I've had, maybe I need to spend more time on here and figure
    a lot more out
    Shoals Area Crappie Association

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Default fishinpox

RUSTY I PAID AT THE OFFICE ,NOW WHERE DO I GET PAYSHUNTS ???? :D :D
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

anchorpuller is offline Crappie.com 2K Star General * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like to me, the only thing you need to be going in the right direction is to be on the water workin that stuff!
    "Be Ye Fishers of Men" You catch them- He will clean them

Post Thanks / Like

biggest secret in fishin is the spot!!!remember that!!!you can use the best tackle ,the best baits, the best presentations and if you ain't in the rite spot forget it!!!so put your condos in some well thought out places. every thing else will fall into place.

Post Thanks / Like

Default First locate the Motherload!

Quote Originally Posted by jhef
    ok i got 3 trolling rods, 11, 12 , and 13 foot long, 3 ultra lights, all loaded with 6 lb hi vis stren,,,2 tackle boxes full of road runners, grubs, tubes., hooks etc . etc. got sinkable night lights, rod holders ,, and a back yard full of crappie condos i gotta go sink,,,,all i need now is some fish, so who gonna be the first one to point me in the right direction for catching me some crop-pees,, lord knows i need it,, im on wheeler up here in decatur al , our river channel averages 28 to 30 foot some deeper holes and deeper closer to the dam, got sev creeks running into it,, so im now harrassing you guys for a hand out,, help i want to catch something worth eating...thanks
    This time of year, find yourself a bluff that has a steep under water drop off. The downstream side of points is a very good starting point.
    Set your baits at different depths, you want to make sure that at least one is about a foot off the bottom. Slowly, I mean SLOWLY move your boat around in about the 20' depth. Try tipping your jigs with minnows during the hunt. Keep a marker bouy ready. At first hit, throw the bouy out above the fish, then reel it in. If it's a crappie, continue to work the area thoroughly.
    If it's a white bass, (sand bass), work the area more too, they tend to hang close to Crappie at times. It could take some time doing this, but it is the best way I have found to locate "new spots". You may just come across a spot that could be holding more fish than you have ever seen. This time of year, if you find one Crappie, you might have just found 200 in the area of a 10' radius. Also, while doing this, toss a bouy out over any brush you pass over and work it a bit before moving on. You will find that once you locate the fish, they will tend to hang out in the same area. They also tend to change depths during the day, while remaining in the same location. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask more questions.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry