Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Help placing condos

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help placing condos

I want to place some of my condos over the next couple of weeks. I was thinking of making the ones using the 12 quart pans from Wally World and 2-3 foot pvc pipes in quickcrete.

My question is where would be the best place and how to arrange them? The river I fish has a small creek running into it with a large flat to one side of the creek. I was thinking of puting them in a row along the creek ledge. Would any of you put some on the flats or in the creek channel itself?

A good bit of people catch crappie in the north end of the lake around Cypress trees. A lot of shallow flat area here.

Also would the back of any coves or in the river bends be beneficial?

Post Thanks / Like

Hey there Hooked, sounds like you've got a good handle on what it looks like under the water where you fish. So, speaking in general terms and assuming the currents are not to swift, the crappie use channels as underwater highways. Therefore, putting in rest stops and hotels along this highway would be good. Where the river channel and the creek channel meet would be an excellent place. Anywhere the creek channel might make a tight turn and a point from the bank comes out maximizing contour and structure from at least two sides is good to add cover. Putting cover in the back of coves is good for spawning cover. Good luck.
    Quit Wish'in and Let's Go Fish'in
    Darryl Morris

FAMILY FISHING TRIPS GUIDE SERVICE
    501-844-5418 --- [email protected]