Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Pomme Fact Or Fiction

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pomme Fact Or Fiction

Was at work the other day and someone was saying that the corp. was going to shut the gates so they could work on the dam, flooding the lake in the process (duh). After they are done doing that he claims they're going to drop the lake 8ft. below normal pool so they can do something else. Anyone else heard anything? I had heard talk over winter about this but never could get any confirmation. I'm thinking if this is true there won't be any fish left after the hickory county crew get done with their seine nets.

Post Thanks / Like

I did read something similar to that last year. Let me do some research and I'll get back to you.

Rick

Post Thanks / Like

They have been working on the Dam. My understanding is late summer early fall they are going to drop the lake 4 or 5 ft below normal pool. However, when you're dealing with the Corp. of Engineers, anything is possible.

Post Thanks / Like

I couldn't locate the information I had read previously. What I did find was that approximately 5 million dollars has been earmarked to repair the stilling basin which is eroding. There was no current information on lake levels.