Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sugema, Sugema, Sugema

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sugema, Sugema, Sugema

We are heading to Sugema next week I think the 13th, I have not seen any posts on this lake as of yet.

I had posted some things about the lake a few months ago, but sombody took my post off of the Iowa site, I do not understand that, there was nothing bad or rude in the post.

I am looking for informaton on the lake itself. I am not looking for people to give me the gps coordinates to their honey hole, I am just kinda looking for a small jist of the lake so I don't show up for the first time on Thursday wondering why the hell we are here.

I would think it would behouve the local Hotel and Motel owners to post some things on this site to pull some people in towards their places of business. I mean if the fish are hitting well say it, hell I might come on Monday. Even if they are not bitting we will still be there, but it is nice to know some things early.

The trip itself are all good friends and it is just as much about the comrodary as it is about catching nothing but 13inch crappies.

If there is anybody and I mean anybody out there with even a little story about the lake it would do me good to read the post.

I will thank you in advance for posting it, "Thank you, very much for the post."

And with that, I'll see you on Lake Sugema next week rain or shine, hopefully shine.
    And with that, I'll see you on the water...
    John
    Remember to take your kids fishn'

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't been to sugema for several years. Caught a few crappies between the ramps.
    Good luck. Make sure you throw the muskies back.
    Fishing is a way of life. Teach your grandchildren to fish, hunt and enjoy the outdoors

Post Thanks / Like

28 crappies and 10 gills casting jigs & small cranks today. No "Slabs" all crappie about 10" males close to shore.
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks to the replys

Were any of the crappies with eggs? If so, how far along are we talking with them?

I am hoping they are still a bit hard yellow, and not soft red/pink as of yet, fingers crossed I hope we can run into them while on the beds, but that is all up to the man upstairs.

I appreciate the posts and would really appreciate updates specialy after this front that is supposed to come through tonight.

Again, guys thanks and hope the fishing is going good for you.

And with that, I'll see you on the water in a week at Lake Sugema...
    John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sorry Slab Seeker

Should have read your post just a little better, I see where it says all males. Thanks for the post, please keep me updated.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Levels

I heard the that lake caught a lot of rain in the past week. Is this the case and if so, do you know about how much?

Have the crappies and walleye backed off since, and if so, what depth are you catching them at this point.

Any and all information accepted here.

John

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking about hitting the lake again tomorrow, but unaware of how much rain they got. I've been at Mark Twain the last 3 days and we were thinking about hitting Sugema on the way home. I'll report back if we end up there.
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thank you Slab Seeker

Thanks for the headsup on the possible post.

I will be watching for it, we will be at the lake sometime Thursday.

Hope your fishing goes well.

John

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, we didn't end up stopping at Sugema. We went to Lake Belva Deer instead. Two of us ended up with 25 crappies all males in 3 - 6 feet of water and 8 big gills. All crappies were between 10 - 11 inces and were caught on mini-mites w/ waxies. Water temp started at 58 and around 62 when we left. Stayed away from Sugema after hearing about all the rain they received.
    Thanks,
    Slab_Seeker

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not good news

You are worrying me Slab Seeker...:o

I hope the lake returns somewhat to where it should be this time of year by Tuesday at the latest, and I know that is really pushing hope... However, I do have a lot of faith so nothing is out of the relm of possibility.

Sounds like you hada nice day on the other lake non the less and is sounded like a nice mess of crappies and gills.

Here were I live we just started to get into the females last week, and the males that we were catching, looked pretty beat up, from the beds.

The females were very healthy and nice size from 10-12inch, very very nice. The eggs were turning bloody pink so that is a good sign, however, we did have a cold snap at the end of last week, leading to the weekend.

If you happen to run across, any info, please post it here, even if you get it on Thurs., or Fri., this week as I will be checking this post on my phone.

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast