Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie Trip

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Crappie Trip

Hello everyone.

We are planning a trip for April to come and fish your fine crappie fishery down there. There will be 8-15 of us and we will be hauling several boats and campers. Some will tent camp. Here in Missouri we fish the spawn with jigs and minnows in shallow brush and stumps. How do you all do it? We havent decided which lake yet but I was thinking Grenada. Camping close to the ramp would be awesome as well as access to bait and anything we may need. What time is best to come down to get into the BIG spawners? Bait, Jig recommendations? Techniques?

Thanks in advance and see you soon!!

Matt

Post Thanks / Like

Also, we wouldnt be opposed to hiring a guide for a day as well. If any locals would let us tag along in our own boats we would pay.

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like

All I can tell you is that SO many people are now coming to Grenada thanks to Crappie USA, get there early is my advice.

I would use the same tech you use at home during the spawn at Grenada. JUST PLEASE don't use yo-yo's.

Post Thanks / Like

Local news reports say a crappie virus was just put into all 4 reservoirs by terrorists, it spread to other lakes via rivers and now there are no more crappie at all in Misssissippi, sorry.

Oh well, I hear Kentucky lake is nice that time of year.

Just kidding man. Put your boat in the water, go back up a creek as far as you can go, look for some stumps, put a jig by a stump, put the fish in the boat. We keep it pretty simple down here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life
    Hello everyone.

We are planning a trip for April to come and fish your fine crappie fishery down there. There will be 8-15 of us and we will be hauling several boats and campers. Some will tent camp. Here in Missouri we fish the spawn with jigs and minnows in shallow brush and stumps. How do you all do it? We havent decided which lake yet but I was thinking Grenada. Camping close to the ramp would be awesome as well as access to bait and anything we may need. What time is best to come down to get into the BIG spawners? Bait, Jig recommendations? Techniques?

Thanks in advance and see you soon!!

Matt
    Call The Yellow Rose at 662-628-6555 and they can tell you about the camping between Graysport and Gum's Crossing (between the rivers). It's a good place to be if the water level is 200 or better. I fish in that area all the time I've found Paul at The Yellow Rose to be very truthful and knowledgeble about the fishing. It's a good place to eat also. Hope you guys enjoy your stay here in Mississippi.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice.......I spoke with Paul and we are set up to camp at North Graysport the first 3 days of April.........now we will wait and pray for good weather and water!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cfsinc
    Call The Yellow Rose at 662-628-6555 and they can tell you about the camping between Graysport and Gum's Crossing (between the rivers). It's a good place to be if the water level is 200 or better. I fish in that area all the time I've found Paul at The Yellow Rose to be very truthful and knowledgeble about the fishing. It's a good place to eat also. Hope you guys enjoy your stay here in Mississippi.