Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MotorGuide Lazer 320 es Speed Control

Post Thanks / Like

Default MotorGuide Lazer 320 es Speed Control

A friend of mine purchased a boat with a MotorGuide Lazer 320es trolling motor and is having trouble adjusting the speed. Anyone familiar with this trolling motor? The only speed he/we can get is full on. When using the "contant speed" the fast and slow button will light the function button on the motor but it doesn't change the motor speed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Drew

Post Thanks / Like

I have the 24 V version on the back of my boat and use it for side trolling or backup, however confess it has been awhile since I used it. Once you turn it on, and hit the constant button, are you hitting the fast button multiple times to speed up the motor or just once? Do the left /right turn buttons work?

HHD
    GnawMart Tenderloin Sandwich Prostaff, Gnawbone Indiana

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Hog Daddy View Post
    I have the 24 V version on the back of my boat and use it for side trolling or backup, however confess it has been awhile since I used it. Once you turn it on, and hit the constant button, are you hitting the fast button multiple times to speed up the motor or just once? Do the left /right turn buttons work?

HHD
    It seems like I tried all combinations, but not sure which one is supposed to work. The left and right turn buttons are working.

Post Thanks / Like

on top the motor head, you should see 4 small led lights... as you push the fast button multiple times....you should see 1 light, then 2 lights, then 3, then all 4 as the motor increases to full speed. If I remember right, you have to hit multiple times to increase the speed incrementally..... trying to remember off the top of my head. Also, if you havent done it...should put a new battery in the remote.

Post Thanks / Like

on top the motor head, you should see 4 small led lights... as you push the fast button multiple times....you should see 1 light, then 2 lights, then 3, then all 4 as the motor increases to full speed. If I remember right, you have to hit multiple times to increase the speed incrementally..... trying to remember off the top of my head. Also, if you havent done it...should put a new battery in the remote.
    Thanks for the help! All four lights are on and if I hit the fast or the slow button the function button lights up but no change to the four lights. Is the battery only for the wireless version? Seems like I read that on the bottom of the controls.

Post Thanks / Like

oops, I just realized your buddies model is the ES (electric steer) . Mine is RF radio frequency controlled motor. (my battery comment earlier was for the RF remote). Your buddie's has the same foot pedal layout as the RF...only dif it has a cord you plug into the head. There's an auto park feature controlled by a mercury switch located in the head and it shuts motor off in the stowed position. You have to deploy the motor to at least 45 deg before the mercury switch allows the motor to operate.

When you hit the constant button, there should be an orange led come on. There are 4 red led's on the motor head...and as you are pushing the fast button you should see the first one coming on at about 10 % thrust, 2nd at 20, 3rd at 50 % , then 4th at 70 % of rated thrust.

I don't know if any of this helps. I will have to go try mine out now just to jog my memory. I am hoping his works... but just a matter of knowing how to operate it.

HHD

Post Thanks / Like

if the 4 lights are on.... sounds like the maximum button has been hit. make sure to hit it again to turn off. Starting point should be all 4 lights off.

Post Thanks / Like

oops, I just realized your buddies model is the ES (electric steer) . Mine is RF radio frequency controlled motor. (my battery comment earlier was for the RF remote). Your buddie's has the same foot pedal layout as the RF...only dif it has a cord you plug into the head. There's an auto park feature controlled by a mercury switch located in the head and it shuts motor off in the stowed position. You have to deploy the motor to at least 45 deg before the mercury switch allows the motor to operate.

When you hit the constant button, there should be an orange led come on. There are 4 red led's on the motor head...and as you are pushing the fast button you should see the first one coming on at about 10 % thrust, 2nd at 20, 3rd at 50 % , then 4th at 70 % of rated thrust.

I don't know if any of this helps. I will have to go try mine out now just to jog my memory. I am hoping his works... but just a matter of knowing how to operate it.

HHD
    I'll give it a try again this weekend and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again for your help!

Post Thanks / Like

some info from the manual that may or may not be helpful:

Function On (Orange LED)
    . Indiacates that the trolling motor is receiving commands from the foot pedal when any key is depressed except the maximum key.

. Indicates Constant mode is ON.

Note : The orange LED will stay lit in the stow position if the unit is turned off or stowed while the constant mode is still activated . To reset the unit , place the motor in a run position and then restow.

"The speed cannot be varied while in the MAXIMUM mode. Pushing the MAXIMUM switch again will deactivate maximum speed and return to whatever speed constant was set at. The red LEDs will correspond with the amount of thrust it is set at. "

Post Thanks / Like

I have a minn kota had the same problem, the control board was burnt out, full on is a default so you will have 1 speed. I ordered control board about $80.00 fixed it my self no problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast