Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Killeen

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Howdy from Killeen

I don't know why I never thought about searching for a forum for crappie fishing! Just thought I would introduce myself and ask for some help. I am in killeen and have been fishing Stillhouse and Belton since May 05 with not much luck until a few weeks back, and that was not much. At least I had a few in my livewell. Thanks and Take Care, TF

Post Thanks / Like

Well Tex welcome here, I up north of ya in Longview never fish down that way butt ya can bet some body on here has and will tell more than you want to know

Post Thanks / Like

TexFisher...I'm in your back yard. I fish Belton most of the time, especially with this wind we've been having. I haven't been in a couple of weeks, but will try this weekend, most likely. When it's warm enough, fish Belton at night. It's a totally different place at night. Shoot me an email if you want to tell some fish stories...Scott
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lake Belton

Smedley, where do you launch from? I have only used Blora on Belton. I live in Nolanville so both lakes are about the same distance from me, around 6 or so miles. I need to get out on Belton more, but what I have seen so far there doesn't seem to be much underbrush or timber. Thanks, and I may see you there this weekend. What do you drive? I have a Bass Tracker, Red. Take Care, Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I've got an old Tracker and green Ford Ranger.

If you go straight across the lake from BLORA Marina, you will see a piece of an old dock up on the bank on the right side of that cove. Get up close to the bank and find where it drops from about 15' to 25'. Drop minnows, or jigs.

SHHHHH. Don't tell anybody!!!!
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the tip, I was hoping we were off this friday so I could go, but I have a LandNav course to proctor instead. Are you going to the boat show this weekend in Belton? Larry

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know if I'm going to get out myself this weekend. My wife has stuff going on. I'd like to go saturday because the wind is supposed to lay down a little. I'll let you know...smedley
    Scott

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smedley
    I've got an old Tracker and green Ford Ranger.

If you go straight across the lake from BLORA Marina, you will see a piece of an old dock up on the bank on the right side of that cove. Get up close to the bank and find where it drops from about 15' to 25'. Drop minnows, or jigs.

SHHHHH. Don't tell anybody!!!!
    hehehehehe, Im tellin!!!!:p

Post Thanks / Like

Ratmo, where do you live? TF

Post Thanks / Like

TF,

Feel like fishing Saturday? I'm planning on it. Most likely the same places I fished last week unless something changed. I'm going to try and tune my motor up a little too. It just doesn't feel right.

smedley
    Scott

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast