Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Luck again at Smithville

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bad Luck again at Smithville

Got hailed on Sunday so I went back last night and spun the hub out of my prop on the way to my first spot. Called a repair guy I know and he had the part on his truck so I limped back to Little Platte where he met me but unfortunately mine has the press in hub so it was a no go. Thanked him a million times for coming to the lake. If you need a good boat mechanic PM me.

As for my fishing not that great we putted around where I could and caught a lot of shorts only a couple of keepers. I had both kids with me and they were both great through the entire experience and caught a few. They had a good time and that’s what counts. Better days ahead!

Good thing you stayed home to do yard work Alex!

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to hear of your bad luck. I spun a prop 2 years ago on the Grand. Fortunately I keep a couple of spares in the boat. One is a composite prop with limited RPM capabilities and the other being made of aluminum. Sure saved a weekend of fishing for me. It's something every boat owner should consider.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be going around Bill went to truman for camp friday blew a traillor tire going down and the other coming back. I'm ready to go now PM me well get together this year.
    May all your live wells be full.
    Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Bill, me and my son fished all your spots during the day yesterday, so....:p:D You didn't miss anything. Lots of shorts and only a couple keepers, so...guess it doesn't matter much where you go!

Actually, we puttered around south of the W bridge in the first cove on the east and the first cove on the west, per Alex's weekend report. Had a great time, me and the boy.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear about the boat trouble . It's good to hear you had the kids out and they caught some fish considering the bad luck with the boat .
    If you want to meet up sometime at the ramp or my place , I'd be glad to take you out in my boat.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about the bad luck i know all to well what that feels like. hope you get it all fixed up quickly and cheap. The good thing is you were still able to the you kids out and you were all able to catch some fish even if they were too small to keep. i bet they will never forget that day....lol the days things like that happen people never seem to forget. so at least you will get to have a good laugh out of it with them later.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry to hear about the bad luck, been there and done that. The silver lineing in all this is you caught fish, the kids caught fish and you made the best of a bad situation. Good job.
    Team Double D - " We're not famous, but we should be."

keeferfish is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Took the prop to Mid West Propeller Monday and they fixed me right up. May give it another go tonight. If any knows someone selling a prop let me know. Looking for a spare (26 or 27).

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry bout your luck the other day
    buy I'm glad u got it fixed pretty quick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by got crappie View Post
    Must be going around Bill went to truman for camp friday blew a traillor tire going down and the other coming back. I'm ready to go now PM me well get together this year.
    Anytime, Dave. What days are best for you?

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast