Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Aerobait question

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerobait question

Just picked up a 7qt Aerobait bucket. To me, it seems like it doesn't make as many bubbles as the old aerators with stones I used to use. But the bubbles are bigger, if that makes any sense. It's also humming fairly loudly, so I'm wondering if I got a bad unit, or if that's just the way they are.

Thanks,

BC

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one, and it seems to work better than the aerator's I've had in the past that had the air coming through stones. I don't know why it seems to work so well, but so far I've never had to change the water which I always had to do some with the stones. Also mine (not sure the size) runs off one D battery. I've used the current battery for 13 hours and it's still going strong.

Post Thanks / Like

check out the mr bubbles airator in the hush model its super quite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blairarnold View Post
    I've got one, and it seems to work better than the aerator's I've had in the past that had the air coming through stones. I don't know why it seems to work so well, but so far I've never had to change the water which I always had to do some with the stones. Also mine (not sure the size) runs off one D battery. I've used the current battery for 13 hours and it's still going strong.
    Blairarnold,

Do you find that it operates the same way I described? Kind of a loud hum with a direct line of large bubbles, instead of smaller, more widley dispersed bubbles? I mean, this thing creates "gurgling" on the surface!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry View Post
    Blairarnold,

Do you find that it operates the same way I described? Kind of a loud hum with a direct line of large bubbles, instead of smaller, more widley dispersed bubbles? I mean, this thing creates "gurgling" on the surface!
    I agree with the bubbles part of this, but it is quieter than other aerators I have had.

Post Thanks / Like

I've had 2 of the 7qt buckets and 2 of the 5 gallon buckets. Still have one of the 7's. Yes, most of the time they can be noisy, and sometimes not. Depends how they are sitting and what on. Don't ask me to explain any further. lol
    In time, if you have the same luck as I do, you'll be ordering replacement parts. Mainly pumps. Not bad price wise, just a pain at the wrong time I guess. I've used just about every brand out there. Aerobait and Quiet Bubbles are the two I like best.
    BTW, you can order reconditioned Aerobait buckets that are as good as new right from the company.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all!

Post Thanks / Like

I can't think of the name of it, but I even tried one of those pricey things that's supposed to turn the water into oxygen more or less indefinitely. I couldn't tell it did anything at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Aerobait Bucket

I have several of these bait buckets.

the black nozzle where the air comes out into the water is a screw on fitting.
    make sure the nozzle is screwed down tight.
    If you think there isn't a God, you better be right!