Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flooding in the South!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flooding in the South!

I just want to say that I feel for the people in the South that are having the flooding problems that is going on now. I can't imagine what you are going thru. You do have my heart felt sympathy for the ones that have been displaced during this flooding. They are talking about 13 inches of rain in 2 days. That is just unimaginable to someone that isn't down there.
    I have gone in and repaired homes that have been through flooding, and know how the people had to deal with the loss of personal items that can't be replaced.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eager Beaver View Post
    I just want to say that I feel for the people in the South that are having the flooding problems that is going on now. I can't imagine what you are going thru. You do have my heart felt sympathy for the ones that have been displaced during this flooding. They are talking about 13 inches of rain in 2 days. That is just unimaginable to someone that isn't down there.
    I have gone in and repaired homes that have been through flooding, and know how the people had to deal with the loss of personal items that can't be replaced.
    Thanks beaver. We have had high water big time here. Schools shut down.
    We have made national here several times. One of the used car dealers cars floated away yesterday. We live in a eco protected area. Not much drainage by the COE. Seems the protected grass shrimp has a higher valued life than the humans.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

We got around 8" of rainfall here in two days. There is water standing in places I've never seen it before. County schools cancelled as well today. I'd hate to see how bad things would have been had we gotten 13" of rainfall like you folks south of here.

I fished week before last at Barren River Lake for hybirds. The lake at that time was still 9' below summer pool. Me and a buddy had conversation about hoping for some rain to raise the lake. I guess the old saying be careful what you wish for comes to mind.

Hope we get a chance to dry out before the next system works it's way through. Believe there saying by the first of next week we could get more rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Nashville Pictures

Here's a couple of pictures of our sand yard in Nashville. This yard is rock throw'n distance from downtown Nashville.
    Crappie Stomper Guide Service
    Crappie Fish'n With Attitude!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/crappiestomper
    ACC Crappie Stix Pro Staff
    Corn Field Crappie Gear Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I heard the weather lady say last night on the news that some areas around here were showing 4 inches of rain per hour. About the time she said it, the bottom fell out. It was pouring rain heavily. It did not rain much though. We got nothing here compared to Nashville area. I remember when I was a kid though, we got flooded out regularly where I was growing up. They had to close schools several times during the year due to flooding. One community could not get out for weeks and their only way into town for food was to use the rail road tracks. It is sad to see all that destruction. Just shows what mother nature can do. My thoughts and prayers are with all those folks dealing with the flooding.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been watching the weather channel and it is showing water up to some roofs. It is pretty wide spread it seems. Not just in one area.
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

We are blessed - just a little water in the basement. I've seen a lot, but I haven't seen this much water in this area. Here are some pics from around west Tenn. The flooded building is Kappis Steakhouse where the West TN Crappie Club will be holding their May meeting. The jet skier is rescuing a horse. The collapsed road with the red car in the hole is in Jackson, TN and the other collapsed road is here in Gibson Co.
    Last edited by Mrs. Crappie Stalker; 08-11-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Our pizza parlor on east Main St..
    Last edited by Cane Pole; 07-30-2010 at 09:34 PM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Went thru something like that about 4 years ago this coming Sept. I lived at the top of the mtn and didn't have any personal trouble. Many folks in the bottom land lost everything, including their homes. Flood stage on the river was 18 feet, and it went to 34 feet! Even Hillary came to town as she was the NY senator. Floods are devastating, I'll pray for you folks suffering down there.

Post Thanks / Like

Here are some pics from Nashville. The top two pics are actually inside Opryland Hotel. The water over the road is at Opry Mills/Grand Ole Opry House. The ones on the bridge are overlooking downtown Nashville.
    Last edited by Mrs. Crappie Stalker; 08-11-2010 at 07:14 AM.
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast