Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Horseshoe Lake/Alexander County

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseshoe Lake/Alexander County

Just wandering what the opinion of it is for those who may fish there. I have been there and know its a beautiful place but havent fished it and no one ever says much about it. I know the flood in 93 was bad there and i remember talk about it wiping out the fishing. I have also heard the crappie were not effected as much as the bluegill so I dont know what is true and what isnt. Just wandering if there is any knowledge here of the lakes current situation. Happy fishin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Some nice fish in Horseshoe but I don't fish it much. If they are biting you can tell by driving by the spillway, if it is wall to wall people, it should be a good day.

Keep a line wet

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I havent fished Horseshoe in years. It was always the premier bluegill hole for us. It ought to hold some crappie. Good luck and let me know if yo go. I'd like to get back there sometime.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

im going to go but every time i get a day off the wind is blowing 482 miles an hour and its 22 degrees plus its trolling motors only for another 3 weeks i beleive. Ill get there....someday.