Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Don@Eden

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Don@Eden

I appreciate the help yesterday with getting a room. Like i have said in the past, i hope i don't get just thrashed at the brawl, but if i do, i will still be standing there looking at my killers Sunday. LOL Thanks Don, i appreciate it. Looking forward to fishing new waters. I will have a good time and i hope everyone else does also regardless of what happens.MINNOWS, MINNOWS, MINNOWS, take care and see you real soon.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Fatboy ....

there are, essentially, two workable methods to catch Crappie at WB .... fish the deep brush or shoot the deep docks. More often than not, Black Crappie are taken from the docks and White Crappie from the deep brush piles - and Black Crappie tend to make up 90+% of the creel in our Fall Brawls. The occasional Blacknose Black Crappie will show up in either place, too. Don't worry about catching a boatload or just a few ... bring 'em to the weigh-in and be proud of them. You just never know (Paul and I won a Spring Fling with only a 7 fish limit) where you'll end up in the field .... but there are some "givens" -- you will have a good time, you will meet some great people (and some interesting characters), you will learn some new things, and you'll have a great meal on Sunday !!
    Just remember ... 10 inch fish or better, & you can bring more than 10 fish to the dock - but need to cull the 10 biggest to bring to the scales. Be at the weigh-in site by 3:30PM (local time) or slightly before then.
    If you will be on Watts Bar a day or two before the tourney - talk to Don@Eden, Don G/Blackie, Paul & I, or any of the other contestants .... we'll try and point you in the right direction. ............luck2ya ........cp

Post Thanks / Like

FatBoy.
    Good to hear that you got a room. Don tries to look out for everyone. You'll have fun with this group of liers, oops, fishermen and ladies. It's all about having fun...

We first went to the Spring Fling about 2 years ago. There were 3 boats of my guys from SC and I fished all week and the other 2 boats fished about 3 days.. We didn't catch a single crappie between us. So you can imagine how we felt..

But I kept going back and along the way met Sam W. from MO. and with the help of Don York, Don G, Blackie, and CP & Paul, we got better. Last Spring we took third place out of about 30 boat ... had we had our fish from the Friday catch I think we may have been in second place... But that's the way it goes.. everybody knows where I fish now so I have company everywhere I go now. Now It looks like the only way I can go now in down. We're up against the locals and they're a tough bunch. I only do the spring and fall contests...

I can tell you everything I know in about 30 seconds. And I'm having to break in a new partner this trip. When are you getting there and where are you staying.

I'm leaving tomorrow, Sunday. I make this and the spring fling a vacation with the wife. She doesn't fish. I'll be in a 16' gray Polor Kraft with a 40 Yamaha 4 stroke. Look us up..
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce., SC

Quote Originally Posted by crappiepappy
    there are, essentially, two workable methods to catch Crappie at WB .... fish the deep brush or shoot the deep docks. More often than not, Black Crappie are taken from the docks and White Crappie from the deep brush piles - and Black Crappie tend to make up 90+% of the creel in our Fall Brawls. The occasional Blacknose Black Crappie will show up in either place, too. Don't worry about catching a boatload or just a few ... bring 'em to the weigh-in and be proud of them. You just never know (Paul and I won a Spring Fling with only a 7 fish limit) where you'll end up in the field .... but there are some "givens" -- you will have a good time, you will meet some great people (and some interesting characters), you will learn some new things, and you'll have a great meal on Sunday !!
    Just remember ... 10 inch fish or better, & you can bring more than 10 fish to the dock - but need to cull the 10 biggest to bring to the scales. Be at the weigh-in site by 3:30PM (local time) or slightly before then.
    If you will be on Watts Bar a day or two before the tourney - talk to Don@Eden, Don G/Blackie, Paul & I, or any of the other contestants .... we'll try and point you in the right direction. ............luck2ya ........cp
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC