Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a fan of law suits

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a fan of law suits

I personally hate law suits...but if this oil thing ruins the shrimping and fishing this summer...i may want to jump on board..i love the coast..the snapper fishing, speckle trout fishing, red fishing...man i pray that this is solved soon...after all the hurricanes..the last thing we need is another catastrophe...the winter freeze hurt the saltwater fishing already...was looking forward to the early summer, super fantastic fishing...now i am not sure...its sad...very sad..

Post Thanks / Like

Default money suckers

anyone who jumps on this lawsuit thing should start riding there bikes to work and start paddling to there fishing holes.unless you want to return to the stone age there is no way to get around the use of oil.its in lots of products you buy and the fuel we use and in more things that most people don't realize.oil production is not an exact science, there will be accidents and mishaps.the industry has a pretty good track record.so think about it before you see a way to make an easy dollar.you think gas is high now, just wait.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd also add that it seems like it's already a catastrophe, and won't be finished soon. I was reading an article earlier about Alaska after the Valdez and how they're still finding oil under rocks 21 years afterward. I'm very saddened by both the impact on fishing/wildlife along the coasts, but also by the damage to the beauty of the area along the beaches. I may be uneducated about this, but I can't imagine how they're going to be able to 'fix' the white sand beaches along the coasts from Biloxi or Mobile through Florida...guess we shouldn't have waited to take the kids...too late now...

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott, the sky isn't falling, and it won't. Way too much hype out there. We do have a problem on our hands but it will be fixed. I visited Alaska a couple of years ago and believe me there is a lot more fish oil on the water than crude oil there. The fish were swimming in the streams (ditches) that flowed in the towns. We saw eagles by the hundreds plus whales, and seals so thick they were a problem. The fisherman probably lose more fish to eagles and seals yearly than they ever lost because of the oil spill. So don't give up hope and don't change your plans yet. Life will go on.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaFishNut View Post
    I'd also add that it seems like it's already a catastrophe, and won't be finished soon. I was reading an article earlier about Alaska after the Valdez and how they're still finding oil under rocks 21 years afterward. I'm very saddened by both the impact on fishing/wildlife along the coasts, but also by the damage to the beauty of the area along the beaches. I may be uneducated about this, but I can't imagine how they're going to be able to 'fix' the white sand beaches along the coasts from Biloxi or Mobile through Florida...guess we shouldn't have waited to take the kids...too late now...
    Hey fish nut!
    Everyone should be concerned about this mess, but as far as those "White sand beaches" that Alabama and Florida are so concerned about, they are "fixed" after every tropical system that makes landfall there. And for the last 15 years, that's been a bunch! Whatever, all that lovely white sand has come from somewhere else, and getting more just like it is no real problem!
    It's sort of like "The Louisiana Black Bear" - there ain't none anymore! There are bears, for sure, but the genes that made up the "Louisiana" creature have become so diluted by the Pennsylvania, et al transplants that it's sort of like saying I'm descended from English royalty. I could be, but awfully indirectly!
    Be concerned, yes, but for the environment.
    Pete

Post Thanks / Like

Just look at Texas after the Mexican oil spill the spewed oil for a solid year. Texas was cleaning up for a year after they got it stop , but they survived it just like we will survive this one. That spill was over 1,500,000 tons of oil. They said it would take two years for this one to produce that much oil. Just hope they can cap it with the way they are going to try. Still they should have a relief well drilled in three month to cement it off.
    Be as smart as you can, but it is always better to be wise than to be smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Pete, I take that personally. I am of royal blood, 34 cousin to the Queen. So if I tell you to kiss my royal, just know that I'm not lying. Hahahaha. Funny but it's true. I've got the papers to prove it.

Scott, one thing you don't have to worry about is that it will never reach you in Shreveport so your fishing is safe for now. Instead of worrying about the oil slick, you'd better hope no one drops a lit match down one of those many holes they are drilling all around you. If that thing would ignite the upper left corner of La. would be in orbit. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look up Haynesville Shale on Google. There are more wells being drilled there per square mile there than anywhere else in the world I think. Open Google Earth and search for Kingston Louisiana, then pan a little to the west along highway 5. Zoom in or out to get a better view and you will see hundreds of white squares all over that area. Each one of those little squares is a well pad, about a thousand feet apart. Do the same for north of Mansfield and Logansport. I just sent pipe for 3 more well today and have more for tomorrow. They are taking all we can thread which is a lot, like a half million feet a month.

Sleep well my friend, and dream of fishing. Then make your plans to go. I you can't sleep then try counting sac-au-lait jumping into the live well.
    A Royal Blessing to everyone, and happy fishing.
    "gene"

Post Thanks / Like

We're passing about 4 billion ccf a day though our pipeline. There is a lot of natural gas there for sure.
    A Bad Day of Fishing is Better Than a Good Day of Work!

docwaldo is offline Moderator LA Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PawPaw "gene" View Post
    Hey Pete, I take that personally. I am of royal blood, 34 cousin to the Queen. So if I tell you to kiss my royal, just know that I'm not lying. Hahahaha. Funny but it's true. I've got the papers to prove it.
    so it is accurate for me to say you are a ROYAL PAIN IN THE ARSE?????

gene, when you lob it up over the plate, i kinda feel obligated to knock it out of the park. hehehehehe

how the cutting doing??

doc
    Any man can be a father, but it takes a real man to be a DAD!!

Post Thanks / Like

Doc I try not to be most times but sometimes my age gets the best of me. Yeah, I know I let it hang out there, but I had to respond to my buddy Pete knocking my blue blood. But being the good cajun he is, I couldn't hold anything against him. LOL
    "gene"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast