Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bobby garland baits

Post Thanks / Like

Question bobby garland baits

has anyone in cny had good success with bobby garland custom baits? if so, which ones?

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but that's a 'no' for me. I only use the cheap tubes & grubs from BPS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dr jigz View Post
    has anyone in cny had good success with bobby garland custom baits? if so, which ones?

I used 2" Slab Slayr for the first time Thurs. (5/10). Caught nearly all my fish with em. Haven't tried/used any other Bobby Garland baits. Orange/glitter Chartruse, Black/Pink & Blue/White are the color combos I used. Black/Pink combo caught the most. Been reading posts concerning custom baits from TnT (on this board). Going to order and try those as well.

Hope this helps

V

Post Thanks / Like

Ive switched to almost exclusively to Bobby Garland baits. Ive gained so much confidence I rarely use minnows anymore. My go to is a 2" Baby Shad, followed by the Slab Slayer. They are alil more than standard baits, but are tougher.If you use a drop of super glue on the jig head they'll last alot longer.
    I actually have around a 1000 southern pro tubes if someone want to make me an offer on them. great bait.PJ

Post Thanks / Like

Use the 2" slab slayers all the time. If I need a smaller bait, that's similar I'll go with the slab busters. Both are great baits.

Give them a shot, I don't think you could go wrong.

Post Thanks / Like

It was the only bait we could get a bite on at Ky Lake this year. I don't believe in magic lures but we worked areas with both tubes and BG "baby shad". We only caught anything on the BG. I had a similar expierence Brookville Lake in Indiana also.

I don't think any one lure is the total answer but I deffinitley made room for more BG lures in my takle box.

Post Thanks / Like

We use the Stroller. It's a bigger bait and with the ball on the tail it puts out alot of vibration. Of course our water is stained all the time. Usually can see down about 12" is all so the extra vibration helps.
    Tom Hankins
    Lake Fork Trophy Lures
    Whisker Seeker Tackle
    Moss Back Fish Rack
    Cumberland Crappie
    G3 Boats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Slab Slayer’s

I just started using the 2” Slab Slayer here in Georgia and they are catching a lot of fish for me. I use the Junebug and the Electric Chicken. Stopped by Bass Pro Friday and picked up a supply of them. They might cost a little more than other plastics but well worth it to me.

I will be coming up to Keuka Lake for 6 weeks first part of August. Will perch fish only there. Originally from Corning.
    Go Navy

Post Thanks / Like

A Navy man from Corning... that would be me too!!!! Only I got out after 6 as a PO1... several years from any chance of Senior Chief, but would have been eligible for the CPO Exam if I had stayed around for another year and a half. Couldn't do it though, the sea-shore rotation of 4-2 for STG's was the deal breaker - even though there would have been a nice bonus involved for re-upping. In six years, I had already done a Med Cruise and a West Pac... Time to let EAOS do it's thing. Been enjoying civilian life (meaning I have permanent shore duty)for over 20 years now.

Was at Keuka 2 weeks ago for a family get-together. Planning to try to get back for some fishing in the second half of August.

I grew up fishing Keuka, since we stayed at my grandparent's cottage all summer every year. A great place to fish for multiple species.

Good luck when you head up this way!
    Last edited by joejv4; 07-27-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Here in Missouri we use the slab slayers all the time with alot of success so I would recommend them on any lake for crappie. Good Luck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast