Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Shenango

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shenango

Was going across Shenango Lake, across the 846 bridge, and it looks like most of the lake is all open water. If the warm weather continues, might try to fish some where on the lake, either Friday or Saturday of this week.

Post Thanks / Like

S10; i was thinking the same thing. i would think where the river channel comes close to the shore would be the best. i'll let you know if i make it out. gary

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Guys, The launch at Rec. Area is it open? I would like to hit it this week also what launches are open? Zimmy

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy, i rode up and took a look at the rec launch sunday. It had ice out roughly 15 ft but the rest of the bay is open. That ice should be gone in a day or two so if your bringing your boat, bring something to break up the thin ice just in case. My shoulder surgery still wont let me fish or i'd join you guys up there this weekend. Have fun.

Post Thanks / Like

hey chaunc; hope your feeling better. where would you suggest to try from shore this weekend? see ya on the water!!! Gary

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Hartford access area. Slide bobber minnow about 10ft deep. The channel runs in close to shore there and theres stumps there too. If you let the sun warm the trees up, fish real shallow with waxworms and micro-jigs, in the branches. I still cant get out so let me know how you do.

S10CHEVY is offline Crappie.com 3K Star General - Moderator Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to see people still reading and posting on the board. Get well soon chaunc. Sounds like your fishing is curbed as mine is. Had hernia surgery on Monday, and the healing and hurting process is taking its own sweet time. The first for me to be online since. Good luck to all who can go and fish. I seen Friday, two boats on the lake, that launched from the recreation ramp. It should have been a really good day for it, with the high temps. But the weather sure is making a nose dive today. Brrrrrrrrrrrr

Post Thanks / Like

spoke to a couple guys in farrell on friday late afternoon who were hauling a nice tracker deep v. they said that they fished shenango that day and found some suspended in deeper water but only caught a few small crappie. they said it was just fun being on the boat in great weather this time of the year. i would have to agree friday would have been a great day to just be out!!! come on spring!!! gary