Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2003 Pro Crappie 175 livewell issues

Post Thanks / Like

Default 2003 Pro Crappie 175 livewell issues

Does anybody have an idea on what I should do about my livewell problems? 2 baitwells and 2 livewells. Baitwell is supposed to overflow into the livewell. Instead it overflows onto the boat's carpet. The baitwell has the black rubber plug with the tab on it, the white overflow tube, and a valve where the water fills into it. The livewell has an overflow tube, but water just comes out the top (like the baitwell) and flows onto the carpet.

I have the recirculating pump and the aerator pumps with both automatic (on 1 minute and off 3 minutes) and manual switches for the front and back wells. The aerator sometimes fills the well up 1/3 of the way then stops, and sometimes it fills it and overflows it without stopping. (On automatic.) The recirculator doesn't seem to do anything except run more water. Don't know if the water is coming from what is already in the boat or not.

On the back of the boat, my Tracker manual says to clean the screen out. There is no screen, but I can see a threaded part. Tracker gave me an external screen that didn't fit, but they said to use marine silicone to seal it on. My husband put them on, but he put them on the wrong holes. ( I saw it today and realized that we were filtering the water leaving the wells, not the water coming from the lake.) Fixed that problem, but I don't know what else to do. I may be misunderstanding how the system is supposed to work.

Also, when the boat is stopped, am I supposed to have the plugs in or not? Maybe that is what I am doing wrong. The manual doesn't say much. Is there any way to blow air into the tubes to see if they are stopped up? We used the bilge pump a lot last time we had problems with the livewells. Thanks!

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not familar with your system but I would take a hose and try to check the overflows on both the livewell and the bait well. I had something get in my livewell overflow once and had flooding problems. I just used the hose to back flush the system and it works fine now.

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings,
    I bought a used Tracker from a guy that didn;t eat fish. He had used the live well for minnows. One of the minnows swam into the tubing and plugged it up. After I bought the boat I simply used my air compressor and blew the lines out from the water intake. All is well since. I DO NOT put minnows in the live well. Buy the way. You can buy replacement screens for the intake - they screw on, I dont think glue will last long.
    SouthEast MICDC (Monroe)
    LowBudget Maveal

Post Thanks / Like

Does the water drain from your livewell when you remove the overflow pipe?

Your overflow tube may be too tall and should be cut down an inch or so. Check all your drains with compressed air or the garden hose while on dry land and you should be able to locate the problem.

You may want to purchase an electricians snake for pulling wire and clean out your drain piping with that if you have a stubborn clog somewhere. You may have a Muddaubers nest in one of your pipes.
    Last edited by GCD; 05-02-2010 at 07:14 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

i got a 2006 pro crappie 175. my baitwells and live wells are seperate systems.
    they must've changed it.
    Got crappie?:D

Post Thanks / Like

Do not pull your plugs out. When you move the boat from place to place, it will drain all your water out and then you will have to refill it.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the pro crappie 175 and had to cut the drain tube off about two inches it helped, talked to another guy and he changed pumps put in a small gph pump. most of the time when mine overflowed was when it was full of fish, (really). so I just started carrying ice to put in the live well, and that eleminated the need to re-fill the well. luck to you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmaveal View Post
    Greetings,
    I bought a used Tracker from a guy that didn;t eat fish. He had used the live well for minnows. One of the minnows swam into the tubing and plugged it up. After I bought the boat I simply used my air compressor and blew the lines out from the water intake. All is well since. I DO NOT put minnows in the live well. Buy the way. You can buy replacement screens for the intake - they screw on, I dont think glue will last long.
    I have had this happen to me before. dang minnows. I would cheek the lines.

Post Thanks / Like

We checked all the lines. Used a vacuum, water hose, and air pressure to blow them out. The problem seems to be in the bait wells. Could it be pumping in faster than the water can go out? With the valve open, the bait well overflows into the back of the boat. This happens to both of the bait wells, but not the live wells.

The live wells are working right. The water goes out the white pipe like it is supposed to. Any more ideas to try?
    Peke

Post Thanks / Like

the pump could have been replaced with one to big and your drain cant keep up?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast