Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I weaned myself off the FOOT CONTROL on my crappie boat...

Post Thanks / Like

Default I weaned myself off the FOOT CONTROL on my crappie boat...

After using nothing but a foot control since I can remember I finally switched up to the PDV2 US2 w/ co-pilot and not only am I wireless and can run the TM from anywhere on the boat but I am now able to put up the foot control. I placed it in a storage bin on the boat for back up. I never dreamed that I would be running my TM with a remote. Thanks MK. Just hope it holds up a while seems to be working great. The US2 is sharp. The only think I don't like is the little mounting base the unit has and the beeping from the wireless remote talking to the TM. But I can see why they put it in the unit.

Talk about clearing the deck. You can get up there and dance now. The best is when alone you can drop yourself off at the dock and send the boat away and bring it back to the dock to pick yourself up. Fishing ledges and drop offs and the like is super sick now as the adjustments with the L/R and speed +/- are minimal and can keep the boat in the target zone...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like

I have always hated the foot control. I am going to look into the Co-pilot.
    1967/68

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased the Motorguide Wireless about 5 yrs. ago and absolutely love it! It came with the wireless foot pedal, but I bought the key fob remote and never looked back.

Being able to steer and control the speed from anywhere in the boat is very convenient.

Post Thanks / Like

A guy I know has the co-pilot and It drove him crazy, he took the cover off and found the speaker, he said it was a flat piece with two wires going to it and he cut it.

I have the iPilot and the beeps drive me crazy, Like Sac I don't understand why they put it on there, atleast give a way to turn off.

Get The Net

Post Thanks / Like

The best is when alone you can drop yourself off at the dock and send the boat away and bring it back to the dock to pick yourself up.

That's pretty cool.
    Willie

Post Thanks / Like

I have the same motor as Sac-a-Lait. Don't have the co-pilot but am going to add the I-Pilot. Using its GPS you can set a "track" and just sit back and fish. You can also sit on a spot and if you move more than five feet away, it will take you right back to it. It can be added to the PDV2 for $400.00. Comes installed on many Terrova models. With the Terrova you can use both foot pedal and remote, while on PD you can't use foot control. Can't wait to get it in a couple of paydays. What else can folks invent to spend my money on?
    GET THE NET HAROLD, GET THE NET!!

frank lawhead is offline RIP Frank - Crystal is now posting on his behalf.
    Post Thanks / Like

Bought a Terrova with co-pilot last year--used very littleand this year the right and left buttons don,t work all the time
    The heel and toe and all the rest work on the foot pad--Hav,nt checked on price to replace yet but if they don,t work longer than that it will get exspence to operate
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

Let me get this straight,you can send the boat out and bring it back without being on it?.....maybe next we wont even have to go fishin,itll do it all by itself,I can see it now....my boat has gone to the lake crappie fishin...yup it caught 175 fish released all under 12 in. acording to the counters.... but that dang automatic filleter got stuck and made a mess outa my fillets....and the onbard fryers oil need changin.But I still gota walk out to the garage and and stick my plate under the slot....whut will they think of next,aint life tough for us crappie fisherman!:rolleyes:
    Have a Crappie day!

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't trust their r/c controls. It is on an amateur band, and they (MK) are amateurs in r/c. Now, if it was a Futuba radio control, I would send it across the lake and back with confidence.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Just picked up a PDV2 iPilot about a week ago..........and it is nothing short of everything I could ever hope for.

The amount of space I saved up front is great........Im not even sure I know how to act anymore

The remote is awesome and very easy to understand.

I run a 12v system and sofar am amazed at how long this thing will run, with very little drain on my battries. After half a dozen trips it almost has doubled my typical battrie life I was getting from my year old Motor Guide foot controled motor. (digital rocks!)

No more yelling at my fishing partner brother to "speed it up, or slow it down"........its all automatic and consistant in its operation.

being a working stiff the price tag took me awhile to swallow (about $800.00 give / take a hundred. PDV2 iPilot, 54 inch shaft, 55 pds thrust, factory installed iPilot) but after just 2-3 trips I no longer feel anything other then great about my purchase of this motor.

Yesterday we were long lining 14 poles, 6 in front, 8 in back, sitting in the middle of the boat eatting lunch...........continuing to move at a consistant speed and direction without as much as a second look............ its almost comical its sooooooo easy.

without a doubt..... the best money I spent on my boat to date.

A wonderful piece of equipment. If your thinking about buying a TM? do yourself a favor and look into the MK iPilots.

:D

"Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after".
    -Henry David Thoreau-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast