Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where can i catch some nice Crappie?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where can i catch some nice Crappie?

Hey im wondering if anyone can help me find a good place to go crappie fishing? i love fishing for crappie but this year cant seem to find any places. Im not even getting any Sunnies or Blue gills.. The places where i fished for them last year dont have them anymore i guess.. Let me know thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Crappie.com

Where do you call home....Minnesota has a lot of area. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm from Maple Grove Minnesota

I tryed Weaver Lake and Rice Lake durning the day but no matter what jig i try I don't get any crappie bites, not even sunnies. Only at Rice Lake after sundown some good size crappie will bite for a
    little bit and stop. Like yesterday I caught 3 in an hour. I'm looking for a lake where I can catch some crappie during the day. Do you know of any places like that around the metro area? Cuz I haven't had much luck finding one

Post Thanks / Like

The Baron will hopefully jump on board here with some help for you. I'm from the SE corner of the state and not near the metro area much for fishing.

If you drive, take a trip to Thorne Bros in Blaine, right on Hiway 65, right side at the 101 street intersection. These people can point you to very good fishing anywhere in the metro. Joes Bait/tackle on Hiway 36 in St. Paul can offer some advice as well.

The Twin Cities have a ton of lakes to fish and many of them offer up some seriously large crappies. Do yourself the favore and check out Thorne Bros store for some detailed info. Don't bother with the package stores like gander or cabelas as way too many of the people they employ couldn't direct an angler to carp pond.

Post Thanks / Like

Default .

Oh ok I'll give that a shot. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I have been getting some on lafayette bay on minnetonka, I don't know any lake that put out large crappies consistently in the metro. some good lakes for numbers are linwood, peltier, in the northeast, sarah in the west metro. my favorite place to catch larger slabs in the summer is the Mississippi river above and below the ford dam.
    What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Oh really? Yeah I'm not to far from Minnetonka. Where exactly in laffayet bay is the best to catch some nice crappies during the day? Is there an exact part or place of laffayet bay that you think is best? Cuz I wana give that a shot there if u say it's good for crappie there. I'm kinda new to crappie fishing and don't know much about the fish other then it likes to chase it's prey, there fun to fish for and that they taste good lol. Can you give me any hints on where it's usaually the best waters to look look for them? U mean like how far from the shore should cast in? Or and how deep should my hook be from my bobber? What usually works the best for bait? Any kind of advise would be great, cuz u obviously have alot more experience in crappie fishing then I do. And wow I never thought crappie fishing can be good in mississippi river, do you use a bobber to when u fish on the mississipi? Or some other way or setup? Cuz i'd wana give that a try too. This summer I'll be doing alot of fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Correction: I mean like *

Post Thanks / Like

Do you have a boat zheka? I could show youi some spots sometime if you want to.
    What is in my bucket today?
    http://mtbucket.blogspot.com/

Rrrrrr...I am on the lake, and thats all the crappies need to know!

Michael Thompson
    Gem Kids Fishing Camp and Club
    www.gemfishing.org

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well it's me
    and my brother who are always
    going fishing for crappie and he just bought a boat. And that would be great, how offten do you go out to laffayet bay to fish for crappie? And I was wondering if you know what time is the best to go fish for crappie? Like after noone or early morning or after dark? I mean that's if time if day makes any difference on the crappies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast