Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Douglas Tomorrow......whos goin?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Douglas Tomorrow......whos goin?

Today was a bit chilly, even worse, the wind was blowing pretty good. We drove by Nina and there were a few boats there.

Not sure where we will fish tomorrow, but it will be either Nina or Muddy Creek.

Post Thanks / Like

isnt nina the first hollar on the left as you go over swanns bridge?

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah first holler.

Had a good day there today. Started a little slow, but we came out with some good slabs. Almost got our limit. Glad the weather people got the weather wrong, wind didnt hardly blow all day. Was a beautiful day to fish!

Post Thanks / Like

Charger What were you using? I tried Float & Fly tipped with minnow, White,Blue,Chartr. Tried Tight line with grubs... nothing. New to this crappie fishing It seemed Some were catching some were not. We sure couldn't figure them out Sunday.
    We finally left @ 2:30. Fist time I have ever been skunked @ Nina.

Post Thanks / Like

I almost always use a blue fly with chartruse head and minnow. Some were using a naked hook and minnows and catching them.

Next time, try getting in the creekbed and casting towards the edge. Some were fishing the shallows and wasnt doing as good. We were fishing about 6-8 feet deep.

Post Thanks / Like

Default saturday 1/7/06

Fished Rimmer creek and around point 14 last saturday.We caught 9 or 10 with only 3 keepers.The wind was terrible and didn't see anybody catching any.They had raised the water level and i'm sure that didn't help any. A friend of mine fished Flat creek saturday and had 22 keepers. He said he found a place out of the wind and just stayed there all day.He used gray flies tipped with minnows.
    good luck to all................