Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ethanol free gas website?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ethanol free gas website?

Has anyone ever used Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada ? It looks like it could be a useful website, that we can update as we find ethanol free stations. Many times, I have thought about getting a sticky with ethanol free stations, but I haven't come up with the best method to apply it.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

Right here in Loreauville, LA we have an Ethanol Free Gas Station.
    It is a Texaco station. Cost a few pennies more but I think worth it.
    It is one of three such stations in Iberia Parish.
    I can't leave now; They fixen to turn on.

Post Thanks / Like

Deacon, with all the money I have spent rebuilding carbs and emptying fuel tanks this year, it is worth every penny. I need to find the others that are in New Iberia. So far this year I have had to work on 4 carbs on outboards and 2 on my motorbike. I was skeptical about blaming it on the ethanol but, now I think there is something to it.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe some people from the cities/towns on the list can confirm whether or not these stations are indeed ethanol free. Also, Deacon there is a place on the website where you can add the station you use. I am getting close to purchasing (I hope) my first boat, so I will be keeping my eyes peeled for stations in Monroe and update the list.
    It is not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves, that will make them successful human beings.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

I haven't really paid attention to if the stations where I get gas from are ethanol free or not, but then again, I am running older outboards than most of you and haven't had any problems with fuel so far.
    You can't fish with a hung line!

PawPaw Gene is offline Crappie.com 2012 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Johnny, the older the motor the more likely hood you could have problems. The rubber parts in your older motor (fuel pump, fuel line, carb gaskets, etc) are not made to take the effects of the alcohol in the fuel. Most of the newer models, at least the Yammas are approved for 10% alcohol.
    "gene"
    "G" Gone but not forgotten!!

Post Thanks / Like

Trust me it's factual. Having all kinds of fuel problems now from running ethanol gas and letting it sit too long . My boat's still in the shop...Great find---no ethanol for me from here on out.
    There's nothing like feeling that THUMP...FISH ON

Post Thanks / Like

Does this website look like one we can utilize? I did some research on them and they don't seem to be looking for sponsors to fill the page up with adds. The gentleman claims he is just a sportsman, with an everyday job, that wants to keep up with ethanol free stations for his and everyone else's benefit.
    –Ann Landers

Post Thanks / Like

rodnreel.com has a ethanol free gas station list.

HTH

Jig Rig
    Ephesians 1:13

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I am wrong but I thought if the gas had ethanol in it, it had to be posted on the pump?????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast