Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: My first double on the Rock

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first double on the Rock

Only problem is that it wasn't Crappie. Hauled in two 15 inch Kentuckies today and did they ever make a mess of the Capps and Coleman rig
    I did manage 5 Crappie from 12 to 14" with one 16+ inches though and only two shorts. All females I think and looks like they have already spawned out. Gave 'em to a neighbor, so won't know for sure until later.
    They had moved back to deeper water, so these came from 25 to 35 fow around 15 to 20 feet deep. All but one on minners. I must have caught 20 or 25 kentuckies today! Most were around a foot long with the double being the largest ones
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun day. Congrats.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job you are getting good at catching some on the Rock.

Post Thanks / Like

please cut the arm off that caught the bass fish, and hope it grows a crappie arm back, oh well as a great fisherman once said fish caught is fish caught. congrats. on the outing, looks like your getting the hang of it

Post Thanks / Like

The Bass were all over the shad balls and every time I would go through some I would get a Bass, or two, or three. Think I'll postpone the surgery though Beagle:D
    Crappie were tight to to cover and didn't seem to be moving much. Tried jigging some trees, but no luck. Only way I could get fish was spider rigging and going through the stump fields. 'Course you know what happens doing that with spider rigs Think I'm going to respool ALL the rigs with at least 10 pound braid. At least that way I will probably cut the tackle loss to a hook or jig.
    Indecently the 16 incher fought like crazy! First one that has put up that much of a tussle for me and thought sure I had another Bass:o

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    please cut the arm off that caught the bass fish, and hope it grows a crappie arm back, oh well as a great fisherman once said fish caught is fish caught. congrats. on the outing, looks like your getting the hang of it
    Ham Radio, the original wireless communications

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak!

Post Thanks / Like

Nice job RA. This is long ago history but we used to find some late spawners just above point 12 around the smaller island. Have caught some very solid females, still with eggs, as late as mid May in that area. But again, that's a good bit ago.