Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Where to find Overholser Walleye

Post Thanks / Like

Default Where to find Overholser Walleye

I remember going out a few years ago to Overholser and being able to catch a bunch of smaller walleye(10-14 inches). Last year, in the same area, I caught none. Does anyone know where and when the walleye can be caught at Overholser or below the dam? What kind of techniques do you/should you use with Walleye? Thanks for any suggestions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LuvMeSumCrappie View Post
    I remember going out a few years ago to Overholser and being able to catch a bunch of smaller walleye(10-14 inches). Last year, in the same area, I caught none. Does anyone know where and when the walleye can be caught at Overholser or below the dam? What kind of techniques do you/should you use with Walleye? Thanks for any suggestions.
    i been too no luck at all have u gotten any tips?

Post Thanks / Like

february is the spawn for walleye. We catch them by finding stacks of Crappie with large fish around them. We then count down with large spinners or weighting a crankbait til it gets where they are. We catch a mix of walleye and crappie and some saugeye too. More Crappie thought han anything. Crappie is there favorite food I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Default walleye in overholster?

Where are you fishing from bank or in boat? I didnt know walleye were in that lake i caught one at hefner last summer none this year at all I been fishing there quite a bit too .