Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cats on LOZ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cats on LOZ?

Does anyone have any special advice on how to catch a few eatin' size catfish at LOZ? A buddy and I will be at our dock Friday night with a 12 pack and some fishin' rods looking to harvest some meat. I was thinking shad sides in about 10-20 fow, which I am sure is about all anyone else would recomend, but if anybody has anything else to add please do so. Thanks. I'll reprt back on how we do with the cats and the crappie on Saturday and Sunday, I'll actually be there until Tuesday and hope to really get into some fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing really good, on the bottom, with cheese hot dogs, for channel cat, and I use small, live bluegill, for blue cats. Been pretty good the past few weeks, and they sizes are respectable. Goldfish work pretty well, if you are casting towards the shore from a dock. And, the old reliable nightcrawlers always produce. good luck, and hope to hear how ya did.
    Hook em up, then cook them up! Thats how we like it!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hook,line,anddrinker View Post
    I have been doing really good, on the bottom, with cheese hot dogs, for channel cat, and I use small, live bluegill, for blue cats. Been pretty good the past few weeks, and they sizes are respectable. Goldfish work pretty well, if you are casting towards the shore from a dock. And, the old reliable nightcrawlers always produce. good luck, and hope to hear how ya did.
    How do you rig the bluegills? Do you think shallower is generally better, our dock sits over about 12 fow (right now anyways), and I could cast out into 25ft which would be midway across our cove (it's about 75 yards across where I'm at). Thanks for the detailed reply you gave. One other thing is night time a good bite, because I'll probably crappie fish in the day.

Post Thanks / Like

WD-40 is a great add on to any bait, especially hotdogs for cats. No kidding it works. I have seen times when we couldn't buy a bit, give our bait a spritz and bam there's a fish.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

Wd-40?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BigMinnow View Post
    Wd-40?
    I know, that is what I thought when my brother told me to try it. I figured that he was pulling my leg but it works.
    Opinions are like A-holes, everybody has one and some stink worse than others!

Post Thanks / Like

WD 40, the duct tape of lubricants!

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ia a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin.

Post Thanks / Like

better bring a combine for your harvest....lol

slabho
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slabho View Post
    better bring a combine for your harvest....lol

slabho
    I don't get it, oh you've never heard of that term used in that way.

Post Thanks / Like

I always have good luck with shrimp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast