Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: West or central Tx.

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

Default West or central Tx.

Any body catching anything? Central and west tx. I havent had time but I`m fixing to make time to fish. I had a mess of green largemouth slimeys the other night and even it was good.:D
    Last edited by heycods; 01-06-2006 at 10:32 PM. Reason: spelling
    have a good`un heycods

Post Thanks / Like

heycods
    When I was not over at the fires at Cross Plains/Eastland County, I had a chance to hit two soil conservation lakes up near Comanche. Did not fish long, but a few minutes before dark on the north banks I was shocked to catch several really big crappie, but only two or three. I think it was due to the 80 degree days and 50 degree nights. I tried in the morning and at lunch and zero, so that water has to warm and they are just in and out seems like real quick. 2-4 feet of water though and I fished from the bank due to the high winds. Don't be suprized if you catch several real shallow right now as long as the spring weather in WINTER exists. Jig color was fl. pink/black/fl. pink.

Regards,
    Mud-Dabber

Central Tx. West of Brownwood in the sticks
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank Dabber. I havent got loose yet, Going to try Ivie as soon as I can get loose. We have been trying to move the In-laws in with us (not having much luck) They are up Hamlin way, and are getting prety feble and forgetfull. Im going fishing when I can. Dag nabbid wind every time I can get loose. Temps have been great for this time of year. We have fires every time we turn around in coleman and brown co. I got my boat tuned up and ready all my gear is ready. Boy do we need rain though.
    have a good`un heycods