Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crappie fishing at Herb Parsons lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie fishing at Herb Parsons lake

I was wondering if anyone has done any trolling here for crappie and could offer some tips. I just bought a new house so at least this year I am putting my normal Sardis,Enid and Reelfoot trips on hold and will be fishing closer to home. I fish the lake for bream many times and see people trolling but never really paid much attention. I know they have several fish attractors in several locations I don't remember seeing people around or near the bouy's.

Post Thanks / Like

Are the crappie in Glen Springs any bigger than they were 3-4 years ago? The last time I went there, I caught about 100 and had 1 crappie that at that time was considered a keeper. I think that 10" was the size limit at that time.
    NatGear

Post Thanks / Like

I think they did away with the size limit but I believe the fish are still small. Beutiful lake and some big bass and red ear's though.

Post Thanks / Like

I fished Herb Parsons a couple of weeks ago, caught about 15 but only one was over 10 inches. Caught as many of those small yellow bass as I did crappie. I was slow trolling minnows. I started out in the shallow flats looking for spawning fish but none were there, I ended up finding a school hanging out on a point in about 6 feet of water.

Last time I was at Glen Springs they had lowered the size limit to 8 inches but they had not done away with it completely, the fish were not biting that day so I don't know what size people are catching out there now.

My grandfather bass fishes Poplar Tree lake in Shelby Forrest quite a bit and says lately he has been catching a few crappie here and there on his texas rigged bass worms. I went out there a couple of times with minnows and road runners and only managed a couple crappie but the bream and bluegills were all over those road runners.
    I got 350 heads on a 305 engine.
    I get 6 miles to the gallon.
    I aint got no good intentions.