Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat trailor tires..oooooooooooooow..

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat trailor tires..oooooooooooooow..

Tires dry rotted so I am replacing them. They lasted 11 years, so I guess I ought not b*tch, but, I am. New tires, 70 bucks each, 6 ply 14 inchers. Anybody got "tired" lately? Getting Honda 4x4 out of shop tomorrow. I probably gonna get "tired" again...ha
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 01-07-2006 at 05:53 AM.
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Default I feel your pain . . . . . .

Probably will have to replace trailer tires for big red before the big Arkansas trip in April. It hurts just thinking about it! +/- $90 X 4 !!!!!!!
    Paul -- Team Crappie Stalker

Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking at new tires also . My tires are about 8 years old and showing some small cracks but they have a lot of tread left on them . I might give them another year . You might give this place a try . They shot me a good price for a set on 6 ply 14 inch trailer tires . If they don't have a store near you they will ship them to you .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/home.do
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

Tom got mine at Tractor Supply. Got the rim and tire for about $75 a tire.
    If in doubt, cross their eyes!!

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

i have used a car tire but my boat isent tha heavy . not near as heavy as a car with thge turnning . never had a probablem with them . . bought 2 at wallie world . they want take them off at store and put them on .there is no road hazard warenty on a carry out . i took the las tire i bought home and put on the boat was flat in 2 hours never mooved and it was flat . when i took it bac it was $6.00 bucks then it still wouldn`t hold air . fixedit myself and now it has ben up for several monthes . they are 13" tires
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cane Pole
    Tires dry rotted so I am replacing them. They lasted 11 years, so I guess I ought not bitch, but, I am. New tires, 70 bucks each, 6 ply 14 inchers. Anybody got "tired" lately? Getting Honda 4x4 out of shop tomorrow. I probably gonna get "tired" again...ha

I have been told by tire dealer the differnce between trailer tires and car tires is trailer tires are made from a harder rubber. Think my next boat trailer tires will be car tires. Big trucks run the same on trailers and tractors.

But then I have a new spare tire never on the road yet, may buy one new tire and run it with the spare, the old tire put on as the spare.
    Duane

My ex-wife calls me a CrappieHead
    divorced and no one to answer to, lets go fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Harder rubber has nothing to do with boat trailer tires. The "skeleton" of the tire is much heavier duty. Instead of using three or four ply, most trailer tires including car haulers, boat trailers, flatbeds etc. use more plies. This means that the belt package, the body ply package and the sidewall package are thicker with more belts to support more weight. That is where the A B C rating on the sidewalls of ALL tires come from. You will notice that 6 ply or higher rated tires have a LOT more higher rated weight carrying ability than standard "car" tires. Only been in the tire manufacturing business sixteen years next month. The only reason a tire would be harder is tread life aka more miles which equates to a rougher ride. My 2 cents. FATBOY
    Last edited by fatboy; 01-07-2006 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Since I work at the only North American Bridgestone tire plant that is strictly T.B.R. aka Truck Bus Radial , I know there are three types of semi tires. Steering, Drive and Trailer. All of these have differenent lugs characteristics, different load carrying abilities and different compound rubber involved. You get what you pay for on tires I will promise you that. The cheaper the price, the trashier they get. Do I buy Bridgestone or Firestone tires? Nope, tried them twice and don't like them. Their customer service stinks because both times I got the runaround on having them in stock after I made a trip to get the tires that were right there "in stock" to find out after I got there they didn't have them. Running Michelins on the car, police model tires and Ameri 660s on the truck. My 2 cents

Post Thanks / Like

It seems like there's no free rides any more. What's this country coming to.

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default Easy Choice

Goodyear Marathons Are Trailer Tires. That's What I Have On Both Of My Boat Trailers With No Problems.

Larry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast