Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: where are they at ?

Post Thanks / Like

Angry where are they at ?

i have been to the lake a couple of times and hit all the hot spots but no crappie the water has been kinda cool right in the 55-57 range with alot of up and downs mostly down and then back up to 55-57.

when this happens will they spawn other places or deeper ,
    someone told my buddie since the water isn't as warm and the spring here has been so messed up with the late snow and crazy weatehr that the walleye have moved from their normal spawning areas and went elsewhere .

what do you guys think ?

would like to try this week and see what i can find maybe tomm evening after work don't know yet .
    but will let ya know then what happens ,

thanks,
    Scott
    Life comes at you fast ... Better have a net...

Scott Beitzel----Western maryland

Post Thanks / Like

i know im down south of you but the principal remains the same. the crappie here are all out of wack as well, and so, my most sucessful tequnique has been tightlining anywhere for 12'-16' in 16-25' of water. but not just in random places, i find the best numbers where coves and creeks open up to the larger section of water. hope this helps. good luck
    When in doubt, set the hook.
    Chris

Post Thanks / Like

Don't overlook the deep water. Remember that the females don't lay all their eggs at the same time. The head shallow lay some and then head back deep. My two biggest crappie were caught long lining jigs tipped with minnows in water 20'-25' deep. And get this, both of them were caught when the water temp was 56, right in the temp range you have right now. (one year apart and they both weighed 2lbs 9oz) I got one of them in the middle of a cove and the other just before the mouth of a cove. I'm hunting the big one's but I got plenty of others as well.

2010 NWR Bash Crappie Division Champion

Post Thanks / Like

i am way south of you but if it was me i keep doing what i always do and if you give it time i thank you will catch fish thay are there