Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Low Lake level at Sardis and Enid!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Low Lake level at Sardis and Enid!

Just wondering If anyone thinks the lake levels will screw up the spawn this year or not ? If we dont get a few floods i think it will , so wadda ya'll think?
    give a kid a fish , you feed them for a day, teach a kid to fish , you feed them for a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

Default low lake levels

The fish will spawn, it's just a matter of where and how easy it will be to find them. The biggest issue will be rapid lake level changes after the staging and spawn starts.

I have seen the Sardis spawning season at lake levels of 245' and 270'. Somebody always finds the fish. Right now it's looking more like a 245' year, but that could change with one Mississippi spring rain.

Post Thanks / Like

Yota4X4,

Do you post some on the Miss. Wildlife board? I think I have seen some of your spillway fishing reports. I am down there nearly every Fri. and Sat. morn and fish most of the day since it is 45 mile drive for me from New Albany. Love to crappie fish but normally do most fishing from my boat in upper lake. However, due to low lake levels I have doing most of my fishing at spillway trying to learn the technique for the past couple of months. I have had a few good days but the fish I normally catch are on the small side. I mentioned my rig that I have been using on another thread so if you get a chance check it out. Maybe we can get together sometime soon and I can learn a few pointers.
    Last edited by spawner; 01-09-2006 at 01:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

i know i havent been around a long time but i'm 27 and i have never seen enid or sardis this low , i know they will spawn , but i just hop we get good rains .
    give a kid a fish , you feed them for a day, teach a kid to fish , you feed them for a lifetime.

Post Thanks / Like

I think the rain will come and when it does it might rain for a week or two. I think last year in Jan. or early Feb. it seem to me it rained for two weeks straight not hard just a constant rain. Also it got really windy and cold the days leading up to that rain. I like high water but dont like fishing the buck brush in order to catch them. I dont like snakes and dont like seeing crappie 2lbs crappie hanging on a limb I cant get too eventually shaking off. Its heart breaking and nervous!Ha,Ha If its the Lord will both will happen and as always nature will take care of its self without humans playing a role. I try to fish everyday that I can like its the last time I will and seem to enjoy it more that way. I am blessed to live in nothern Miss. so close to so many good fishing lakes large and small. I wont to do a better job this year at perserving that for all the others that come after me whether its making sure trash is taking care of not just throwed in the lakes and left on the camp sites or just being more respectful to other fisherman residents or non-residents. A little late but happy fishing to all of you this New Year and God Bless each and everyone!

See you on the lake,
    Spawner