Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Float tubing for Panfish

Post Thanks / Like

Default Float tubing for Panfish

With the numerous ponds and small lakes in Massachusetts, Float tubing is one of the best ways to get in a bed of spawning bluegills and crappie. Fly fished this past weekend wiht my good friend Jeff and caught numerous healthy 10-11" bull bluegill specimens that were common all over the pond.
    They look like they are in the pre-pawn mode and the males Gills are starting to make bed for the females to lay their eggs... The male are in full, bold, mating colors to attract the ladies... to do some hanky panky....

Post Thanks / Like

That looks like fun and a great catches. Need to break out my fly rod for the new season.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been doing the same thing here in Ky. Fly Rod and tube. Gills/crackers just starting to bed. Tried to tie some goldies tonight. Got aggrevated! I could not find the old thread on Basspond where you posted pictures on how to tie them. I have not tied any since last year. Any idea what happened to the pictures? You sent me my first Goldies a few years ago when I made a donation to Bass Pond. Anyway, have fun with the Flyrod and tube!
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like you had an awesome time , thanks for posting the pic`s

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Geez, that gotta be cold sitting in that water. It's still cold here in Ohio to be using a tube. Looks like you're having fun though!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gillbuster

Gillbuster,
    That was the thread from Basspond that I was looking for. Thanks, my confidence just went up for the tying the Goldie! Looking forward to seeing the "Black Gold" fly!

Thanks again!
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Gillbuster,
    You seem to always catch some nice fish from your ponds and small lakes. Are most of the private or public? Just wondered how much public waters in your state.
    Tom

Post Thanks / Like

Crazycrappie,
    I was wondering the same thing. We have alot of private ponds that you can catch fish all day long but the owner doesn't let you keep them. At the worst fishing time in public lakes I can always catch fish on private waters. Heck if U can't eatem, whay catch em :-)
    Sled

Post Thanks / Like

Default Public vs Private

The majority of ponds in Mass, we fish in are public (in the thousands), some ponds are private, but I don't fish them... for example from the Cape Cod Canal to Provincetown there over 900 ponds or lakes that are 1+ acre or bigger... all of them have fish...the state does a good job with managing natural resource here

pond maps that the Massachusetts puts out

MassWildlife - Pond Maps

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast